Alright guys, trust me when I say that you will add this one to your list to make year after year! It is so tasty, and not very difficult to make at all. I suggest doing a double batch so that there is some left over after you begin to sample…
The recipe was actually from the Kraft website (kraftrecipes.com) and requires little “cooking” time and only an hour to chill! If you get started now you can have some for dessert tonight!
Cooking Time: under 5 minutes (1 hour to chill)
Makes: one cookie sheet, broken in to appropriate pieces for your trays
- 2 packages of semi-sweet chocolate squares (4 oz each) lightly chopped
- 1 1/2 packages of white chocolate squares(6oz) lightly chopped
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (smooth)
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries (lightly chopped)
- 1/3 cup pistachios coarsely chopped
- In separate bowls microwave your chocolates as outlined on packaging (aprox 3 mins but check after 1 min each time). Stir the peanut butter into your white chocolate.
- Drop spoonfuls of chocolate alternately onto a baking sheet covered in wax (or parchment) paper. Lightly pull chocolate into "logs" so that it goes the length of your sheet. Swirl gently with a knife so you get the marbled look.
- It doesn't need to look perfect! It is meant to have a nice swirl pattern to it, have fun with it!
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts and cranberries and chill for 1 hour.
- Break into small pieces and keep refrigerated until ready to serve
And for today’s gift ideas! These are perfect for the music lovers on your shopping list!
- Gift Cards for their favourite streaming sites (where they can download music directly to their phones, tablets etc)
- Vinyl for an artist they love! Why not update their music collection with a sophisticated vinyl of their favourite artist! You can even go all out and get them something to play it on if you don’t want it to be just a collectors item!
- Discography or “Encyclopedia” for a band they love, or one that you share a memory of! Get creative and you can even write a small note as to why you chose a particular artist for them to enjoy!
- This one will work for anyone on your list who listens to music and can fit in many different price ranges! You can either get a docking station for their phone or a more advanced speaker system (like Bose) for the home.
- A no brainer for any music lover…why not check out and see if their favourite artist/band is going to be playing a venue near you and grab a set of tickets so they can enjoy their sounds live!
This post contains affiliate links, which cost you nothing more if you purchase through them.