Disasters happen when baking, it is part of the game! It’s what you do with the outcome that shows you how incredibly versatile and creative baking can be! This fudge is so easy and uses crumbles left from a shortbread disaster we had.
Even if you didn’t have a disaster, all you need to do is take about 5-6 of your Whipped Shortbread cookies (from Day Two ) and crumble them into medium chunks to toss into the hot fudgey mixture!
Cooking Time: under 5 minutess (requires chilling)
Makes: one 8×8 baking pan cut into squares
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp softened butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 5-6 crumbled shortbread cookies
- 1/2 tsp salt
- colourful Christmas sprinkles
- Line 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper
- Over a double boiler melt the condensed milk, chocolate chips, butter and salt.
- Add in shortbread crumbles, mix and pour into baking dish.
- Sprinkle with Christmas sprinkles of your choice
You can see in the picture above that the shortbread pieces pop throughout the fudge, making every bite better than the last one!
Do you have a make-up lover on your list? These gift ideas are just for you then!
- I don’t like to promote any particular business, but have you heard of the IPSY Glam bags? They are a monthly goodie bag full of make up and accessories, perfect for any make up lover you have to buy for!
- Gift Card for their favourite department store or make up shop! Let them buy what they really want for themselves!
- A new brush set, do some research and get them the perfect set (or just a few pieces to add to the set they already have!).
- Make up organizers, these will help them keep their “station” clean and clutter free so they can focus on the task at hand, BEAUTY!
- LED Magnification Mirror, a great gift to help them get ready every day (even grey skies are no match for the girl with an LED mirror)!
- A coffee table book, I know it SOUNDS boring…but to a true make up lover, a book about Chanel or Yves St Laurent is sure to keep her entertained!
- Printable beauty quotes, you can do these yourself and put them in a cute frame for them to display on their make up station or wall!