These truly are a classic Christmas Bar in our house, a tradition that carries year after year, and one that many people look forward to devouring off their trays!
The “original” bar is an Eagle Brand recipe (that’s a sweetened condensed milk if you didn’t know) and is one that we tend to follow although with a few variations of our own here and there! It is simple to make, you literally layer the ingredients, bake, cool and cut!
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Makes: aprox 24 bars (we cut them smaller to get more!)
- 2 cups graham wafer crumbs (sometimes we take a whole sleeve of crackers and crush ourselves)
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/3 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 1/3 cup chopped nuts
- you essentially want enough of each ingredient to create a nice layer on top of the last
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Combine graham crumbs with melted butter and press into a 13″x9″ pan lined with parchment.
- Pour condensed milk evenly over the graham crust.
- Sprinkle with coconut layer, then chocolate chips and pecans. Gently press into the condensed milk layer.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool completely and cut into squares.
How yummy does that fluffy tray of flaked coconut look!? Notice we cut our squares smaller in order to get more than the 24 (when you are making a tray with such variety you do not need huge squares of each thing!).
And now…Stocking Stuffers for the man on your list! <3
- Socks and underwear, I know it is slightly “boring”, but trust me my hubby loves getting these in his stocking every year! You can even make it a little fun with a “naughty” pair of boxers and socks for him to have a chuckle!
- Lottery scratch tickets, these are a fun stuffer for any guy, I mean who doesn’t like the chance to win!?
- Nuts, any variety that your man likes (cashews in my house)! This is a nice treat just for him, he doesn’t have to worry about sharing them around (if you think you will be tempted why not grab an extra spicy one that you know only he will love!).
- Mini grooming kit, this is a great one! Give him something he can keep in his glove box that is easy to take on the go! Men get strays that need to be taken care of too ladies!
- Cigar, get him a cigar he will really enjoy for Christmas day! Even if he isn’t a smoker (like my hubby) every man appreciates a good cigar!
- USB/Flash Drive, I don’t know about the man on your list but my hubby can never have enough of these! Between work and gaming he uses them religiously!
- Personalized Lighter, make it a little fancy by getting his initials engraved on the side of a nice stainless steel (refillable) lighter!
- Moustache wax/Beard oil, have you seen this stuff?! It is specifically formulated for a mans face, and helps keep it hydrated and less itchy!
Ohh boy I could go on forever here! I just love filling a stocking for my hubby every year! In fact, I have found the inspiration I need to get his done today!