This post contains affiliate links, please see my Disclosure Page for more info
If you are looking for a new fudge recipe to add to your baking list, this is definitely the one! The nutella gives it a nice hazelnut undertone and the saltiness of the pistachios leaves your mouth wanting more!
As I mentioned though, there are a couple of things I would do next time I make it that were not in the instructions! First of all, CHOP those pistachios (you can use a mini-food processor to make it easier and save them from jumping all over your counter), and while you’re at it, grab a small handful of dried cranberries and chop those too! (You really can’t go wrong with cranberries at this time of year!). Lastly, press the pistachios into the top, the original recipe says to sprinkle on top…but they seem to roll around and fall off (which I was okay with as I got to eat handfuls of nuts until I started to gently push them into the setting fudge!).
If you google this recipe you will find a ton of variations and different ways you can take it. Make it your own, that is after all one of the nice things about fudge! You can really add what you like, mix it all up and call it a fudge!
Cooking time: Under 5 minutes (requires chilling)
Makes: One 8×8 pan, cut into about 24 small squares.
Nutella Fudge with Pistachios
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 8 oz unsweetened chocolate chips about 1 200g package and a sprinkle more
- 3 tbsp softened butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 c nutella hazelnut spread
- 3/4 c chopped pistachios
- 1/4 cup chopped dried cranberries
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sea salt
Line 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper
Over a double boiler melt the condensed milk, chocolate chips, nutella, butter and 1/2 tsp salt.
Moving quickly, add in pistachios (reserving 1/4c for top) mix and pour into baking dish.
Sprinkle with sea salt, cranberries and remaining pistachios, gently pressing into the surface.
Chill for 1-2 hours and cut into desired square size.
Seriously guys, you are going to love this one! Please let me know if you make it so I can hear your thoughts on the alterations!
And now…gift ideas for the Doggie on your list!
- Treats, I mean really…is Christmas complete without these for any member in the family? That includes our furry friends! You can even find adorable “cookie trays” for your pooch at your local pet specialty store!
- Squeaky Toy, every pup loves their squeaky toys! I especially love the ones you can get that are stuffing free and loaded with squeaks up and down the length of the toy. No mess to clean up when your pup shreds it apart!
- Food/Water Bowls, why not spoil them and get some brand new bowls! You wouldn’t like eating out of the same dish day after day for 10+ years would you??
- Bed, yup, a new comfy fluffy bed! We got our girl a new one last year, splurging a little, but gosh she is so worth it!
- Doggie perfume, yes you read that right!! It keeps them fresh in between their visits to the groomer, and is SAFE for them too! I think this one is more of a gift for us, but hey she seems to have a little more wriggle in her walk afterwards too 🙂
- BONUS GIFT, a donation to the shelter where you adopted your furry friend, or if you prefer, donate to a local humane society!!! They need the funds at all times of the year, but especially after the holidays when they are overwhelmed with surrenders from families who “couldn’t handle” their new additions! ‘Tis the season for giving my friends!