Cinco de Mayo is almost here guys, and what could be better than a super easy Guacamole Recipe to go along with your celebrations?! It is that time of month again, our Recipe Swap club is honestly one of my favorite things in the month, I always look forward to diving into my fellow foodies sites to see what recipes I can make and I am so excited to be sharing this recipe with you from my friends over at The Culinary Taste. Look at how gorgeous and fresh the ingredients are:
This month was an easy decision, I love avocados and anything you can make with them! This Guacamole Recipe is so simple and packs a ton of flavor. You can have it ready in literally 5 minutes (although I prefer mine to sit in the fridge for a couple of hours to blend all of those delicious flavors together). And don’t worry about it going brown, I have a super awesome trick for keeping it beautifully green further down. The thing I love about Guacamole is really how easy it is to customize to your own tastes. The original recipe doesn’t call for any heat, but my hubby and I like a little tingle in our Guac so we added in half a jalapeno.
Easy Homemade Guacamole Recipe
- 2 avocados smashed (See my tricks below)
- 1 small onion diced finely
- 1 piece of garlic diced finely
- 2 sm tomotaes we used on the vine diced
- 1/2 jalapeno very finely diced
- Juice out of half a lemon or a whole lime
- Salt to taste
- Tortilla chips and veggies for serving
- Mix all ingredients together until well combined. It will be slightly chunky, but you can mash the ingredients together with a fork to the consistency you prefer. Add in a pinch of salt (maybe more) to bring out the flavors as needed.
- Place in the fridge for at least 2 hours for the flavors to come together until you are ready to serve.
How easy was that!? So remember I promised you a super cool trick for keeping your Guac green? I have heard of so many different tricks, and have tried many myself (most notably the addition of extra lemon juice) but so many of the tricks mess with the flavor of the actual Guacamole Recipe. I came across this tip and decided to give it a try, and it actually works! Ready?! Once your Guac is in a bowl and ready to go in the fridge add a thin layer of water and cover with plastic wrap. When you are ready to serve, gently pour the water off and mix in the little bit that stays on top! Yep, that’s it! And I swear to you it actually works, and doesn’t alter the flavor at all!
Here is another great and simple trick for cutting your avocados! Once cut in half you want to cut vertically through the avocado but not the skin, then go the other way and you will have little cubes that will fall out when gently scooped with a spoon! They are the perfect size for mashing into this Guacamole Recipe, and even great for when you want a quick avocado toast.
Be sure to grab yourself a margarita and check out The Culinary Taste for the original recipe HERE!!