It has been a few weeks since we last spoke, and I am sure you guys will be just as excited as I am about today’s drink recipe! The name says it all, Strawberry Mint Bliss, a blend of fresh strawberries with crushed mint and a couple other yummy ingredients. It is everything you need on a hot summer day while sitting out under the shade of your patio umbrella, or while in the pool (which is how I plan to enjoy it over and over again).
I made this tasty drink for Mother’s Day this past weekend for my mom and pregnant sister (eee!) so of course I had to make one non-alcoholic, and it honestly tasted just as good. We all slurped them back pretty quick while we enjoyed our waffle bar brunch, and agreed that it is a winner for the hot days we have ahead. It is simply a gorgeous drink to look at with the combination of bright red strawberries and the green mint leaves and it is finished off with the addition of Italian Soda really makes it quite refreshing.
- 1 bottle of Italian Soda (1 L)
- 1 bunch Fresh Mint, washed
- 1 pkg Strawberries, washed and sliced
- 1/2 cup White Rum (adjust to your taste)
- Pour soda into a drink pitcher and add rum to your preferred taste (I did about 1/2 c for the entire jug but you can do more or less).
- Rip off about 1/3 c of mint leaves and gently "crush" between your fingers to release the oils, add to pitcher of soda.
- Stir all the above ingredients together with a handful of ice cubes and add your sliced strawberries (I reserved a couple to place on the glass for added fun!).
- Serve in mason jars with green straws to compliment the mint, and ENJOY
more drink recipes below!
I mean really, could it be any easier to make? Be sure to buy double the ingredients if you are entertaining a larger crowd as it will be gulped back faster than you can make it. Also be sure to check out last years Mother’s Day drink, The Sparkling Unicorn here as well as other fun drink recipes on our Drinks Page. There is a fun drink waiting with your name on it!