Have you ever gone to a restaurant and had the roasted garlic appetizer and thought, “I would really like to know how to do this myself!”…well today friends I am going to show you just how EASY it is to make! Roasted garlic is great in a variety of dishes as well as on its own (see below for some of my favorite ways to enjoy it). The thing I love most about making it at home is that I can control the amount of salt that goes on it, I often find the restaurant versions a little salty for my taste.
step-by-step roasted garlic
If you love garlic as much as we do I suggest roasted a couple of heads at once so you have them on hand for your weeknight dishes. They keep for a week in the fridge as long as they are in a sealed container and they will add a new depth to your usual dishes that call for minced garlic (trust me!).
how to serve and use your roasted garlic
- Serve it warm with some goat cheese, fig spread and crackers for a delicious appetizer
- Add to your favorite dips and spreads (like hummus)
- Add a few cloves into your spaghetti sauce
- Add to your mashed potatoes when mixing your butter and milk for a garlicky surprise
- Spread on a piece of toast and top with ricotta or avocado for an afternoon snack
- Mix in with steamed veggies to amp up the flavors
- 3 Garlic Bulbs
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- pinch of kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Cut the tops off garlic bulbs to expose the cloves
- Place each bulb in a piece of tinfoil, drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil and sprinkle with salt
- Tightly wrap the garlic in the foil and place in the oven (middle rack) for 30 mins
- See site for the many ways to use Roasted Garlic in your everyday dishes!