Have you ever gone to a restaurant and had the roasted garlic appetizer and thought, “I would really like to know how to do this myself!”…well today friends I am going to show you just how EASY it is to make! Roasted garlic is great in a variety of dishes as well as on its own (see below for some of my favorite ways to enjoy it). The thing I love most about making it at home is that I can control the amount of salt that goes on it, I often find the restaurant versions a little salty for my taste.
step-by-step roasted garlic
If you love garlic as much as we do I suggest roasted a couple of heads at once so you have them on hand for your weeknight dishes. They keep for a week in the fridge as long as they are in a sealed container and they will add a new depth to your usual dishes that call for minced garlic (trust me!).
how to serve and use your roasted garlic
- Serve it warm with some goat cheese, fig spread and crackers for a delicious roasted garlic appetizer
- Add to your favorite dips and spreads (like hummus)
- Add a few cloves into your spaghetti sauce
- Make a Roasted Garlic butter; simply mix into room temperature butter and place in fridge to re-solidify
- Add to your mashed potatoes when mixing your butter and milk for a garlicky surprise
- Spread on a piece of toast and top with ricotta or avocado for an afternoon snack
- Mix in with steamed veggies to amp up the flavors
How to Make Roasted Garlic
An easy step-by-step guide on how to make Roasted Garlic at home! Perfect for appetizers, veggies or added in to any of your weeknight meals!
- 3 Garlic Bulbs
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- pinch of kosher salt
Preheat oven to 400F
Cut the tops off garlic bulbs to expose the cloves
Place each bulb in a piece of tinfoil, drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil and sprinkle with salt
Tightly wrap the garlic in the foil and place in the oven (middle rack) for 30 mins
See above for the many ways to use Roasted Garlic in your everyday dishes!