Whether you are an experienced baker, or new to the game, these Chocolate Chunk Cookies are going to easily become a new favorite for you and your family. They are perfectly chewy and fully loaded with TWO types of chocolate…yup, I went there! The dough for these cookies is nice and thick, which allows the cookies to keep their shape and not melt into a puddle on your baking sheet…we have all been there…the “Best EVER” cookie recipe that turns out to be a disaster in your kitchen. I promise you, these cookies deliver on every possible level. Taste, Look, Texture and even Ease of Making.
I chose to make my cookies a little bit smaller as I prefer to have more to go around, but you can easily make them double the size for a super cookie that would be great for dunking! Now, I don’t know about you, but there is nothing I love more than a warm plate Chocolate Chunk Cookies and a tall glass of cold milk after a long day…shall we get to it then!?
- 1 c Salted Butter (melted and cooled...NOT hot!)
- 1/2 c Brown Sugar, lightly packed (I use golden brown sugar not dark)
- 1 c White Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3 c Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 c Semi Sweet Chocolate Chunks
- 1/2 c White Chocolate Chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- In stand mixer beat together the butter with both sugars until creamy and smooth. Add in your vanilla and one egg at a time, mix for about 10 seconds to just combine.
- In small bowl sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Add to wet mixture and mix until combined. It will form a thick dough ball (this is what you want!).
- Add chocolate chunks and incorporate with a wood spoon. Do not over mix your dough.
- Roll dough into small balls (about 1"-1.5") and arrange on your baking sheet, gently pressing down into a disk shape.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes (depends on your oven so keep an eye!) They should be slightly golden but still fairly pale, this is what makes them chewy and delicious.
- Allow to cool and ENJOY!
For the chocolate, I just buy the bakers chocolate and cut it into chunks myself! You can buy them in chunks already, but I find it more cost effective to do it myself (plus then I get a variety of sizes!). DO NOT OVER MIX the dough, that is the key for making a deliciously soft cookie!
These Chocolate Chunk Cookies will definitely be making it to my Christmas trays this year! There is something about a classic cookie that I think everyone loves. If you haven’t had a chance to check it out yet, head on over to my 13 Days of Christmas Baking now and get ready for our 3rd annual page coming early November!