It’s that time of year friends, our Christmas Baking Frenzy is back for it’s 3rd year and I am so excited to get started! I am also participating in an online cookie swap with Houseful of Cookies and really wanted to think of a special cookie I knew everyone would enjoy and that would really make you think of Christmas…so here it is, my Gingerbread Biscotti. It tastes just like a gingerbread cookie with the crunchiness of a good biscotti and of course is drizzled with a little white chocolate to add a hint of sweetness for dipping in your favorite cup of coffee or tea!
I don’t know about you, but when I think of the holidays I always think of the smell of gingerbread and the times I spent assembling the pre-made house kits as a kid…or should I say the time I spent eating half of the bagged candies that came with the kit and slopping together the house with whatever I had left (hey we’ve all been there right!). If you have never made a biscotti before, do not worry, I got you! The most important thing about making your Gingerbread Biscotti is to really watch the time, in fact you should always use a timer…ALWAYS! Now, dust off your Christmas apron and get ready friends, we are just getting started!
- 2 1/4 c Flour
- 1 1/4 c Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cloves
- 1/4 tsp Allspice
- 1 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/8 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 c Butter (softened)
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Molasses
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 c White Chocolate (optional, for dipping/drizzle)
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking sheets.
- In your mixer cream together butter with sugar.
- In a small bowl whisk your eggs and molasses then add to butter mixture with vanilla and combine.
- In a medium bowl sift together your dry ingredients and then add slowly to your wet mixture (it will become a thick batter).
- Form into logs (10"x 2" approx) and bake for 20-23 minutes (until slightly firm to the touch but NOT hard, should have a "spring" to it)
- Remove from oven and cool 10 minutes before cutting into 1" stripes (see photos)
- Place face down on baking sheet and bake for additional 6, flip and repeat for 6 minutes (they should be slightly golden)
- Allow to cool completely before adding a chocolate drizzle/dip if you prefer!
If you like your biscotti REALLY crunchy you can add 1-2 minutes per side when they are cooking face down, if you prefer it a little softer you can do it for less time. Our biscotti is cooked to be a perfect addition to a cup of coffee or tea!
If you have followed our Christmas Baking in previous years than you already know I have a “cheat” biscotti recipe up as well! It is a great one if you don’t like the traditional crunchy biscotti, and it is loaded with chocolate. Go check out my Chocolate Brownie Biscotti now and stay tuned for our next cookie.
In the meantime be sure to check out all the other delicious cookies in the Houseful of Cookies Online Cookie Swap below:
Houseful of Cookies 2017 Blog List
Houseful Of Nicholes – Slow As Molasses Cookies
A Crafty Spoonful – Chocolate Peanut Butter Crinkle Cookies
A Real Urban Mom – Chocolate Chip Cookies
Divas With A Purpose – Houseful Of Cookies 2017
Everyday Party Magazine – Simple Caramel Cream Sugar Cookies Swirls
Fab Haute Mama – Belgian Waffle Cookies
Good Girl Gone Redneck – Perfect Holiday Saltine Toffee Treat
Happily Homegrown – Old Fashioned Hermit Bar Cookies
Honest & Truly! – Triple Chocolate Dipped Cookie
I am the Maven® – Moldy Mice Cookies
Keep Calm & Teach Fifth Grade – Winter Wonderland Sugar Cookies
Kenya Rae – Pecan White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Kiss My Tulle – Chunky Christmas Cookies
Mom On The Side – Hopscotch Crunchies Holiday Cookies
More Than Thursdays – Mint Stuffed Sugar Cookies
Mother Of The World – Houseful Of Cookies 2017
Our Crafty Mom – Houseful Of Cookies 2017
Peyton’s Momma – Houseful Of Cookies 2017
Simplify Live Love – Double Chocolate Pomegranate Cookies
Teachable Mommy – 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
The Analytical Mommy – Favorite Lactation Cookie Recipe
The Biswolds – White Chocolate Chip Toffee Cookies