This Pressure Cooker Lasagna is a real game changer when it comes to weeknight family meals and it is all thanks to my new Cosori Premium Pressure cooker!
Cosori provided me with a 6qt Premium Pressure Cooker in exchange for a recipe post of my choosing. They are also providing an additional Pressure Cooker to one of my readers as a GIVEAWAY (more info below). All opinions are mine alone.
GIVEAWAY 6 qt Pressure Cooker! This easy Pressure Cooker Lasagna comes together in a FRACTION of the time it would take to make the traditional version! It is cheesy and delicious and makes enough for a family of 6! #PressureCookerLasagna #PressureCookerRecipes #LasangaRecipe #Giveaway
Let me just start by saying how intimidated I was of using a Pressure Cooker, and I know I am not alone on this! When Cosori reached out to me to see if I would be interested in working with them I thought to myself, “Well, it’s now or never Melissa…choose a dish you REALLY want to make and get over your fear already!”. And that my friends is what led me to create this delicious Pressure Cooker Lasagna for you. I hadn’t made a lasagna in years (literally) as I found it always took so long from start to finish I was always ready for a nap…and who has time for that? Especially during the week right?!
This easy Pressure Cooker Lasagna comes together in a FRACTION of the time it would take to make the traditional version! It is cheesy and delicious and makes enough for a family of 6! #PressureCookerLasagna #PressureCookerRecipes #LasangaRecipe
Benefits of doing a pressure cooker lasagna with cosori:
- Huge time saver, it takes only 22 minutes to cook!
- Easy clean up, you saute your meat right in the cooker before switching over to the pressurized setting meaning once your prep is done you are only using ONE pot for cooking!
- Set it and forget it. Once you hit the start button you just walk away and let it do its magic, coming back after 22 minutes of your favorite show (or in my house, a quick sweep of the floor , declutter of the entrance table and wipe of the counters)…
- When comparing a pressure cooker to a traditional oven you are saving energy, and not heating your house to uncomfortable temperatures.
- The lasagna noodles cook perfectly, they are not crunchy or mushy but instead nicely al dente!
Okay, lets get to the recipe so you know exactly what you are doing when you make your very own Pressure Cooker Lasagna!
Pressure Cooker Lasagna
A delicious and quick Lasagna Recipe to be made in your Pressure Cooker!
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time22 mins
Total Time1 hr 10 mins
Servings: 6 -8 Servings
- 1 c Ricotta
- 1/2 c Mozzarella grated
- 1/2 c Parmesan Cheese grated
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Parsley
- 1 tbsp Basil
- Salt and Pepper Pinch
- 1 jar Strained Tomatoes
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1/2 medium Onion diced
- 1 tsp Basil
- 1 tsp Oregano
- Salt and Pepper pinch
- 1/2 lb Lean Ground Beef
- 2 Italian Sausage Links casing removed
- 1 tsp Fennel Seeds
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper pinch
- 8 Lasagna Noodles NOT the oven ready/no boil ones
- 1/2 c Mozzarella Cheese grated for topping
Begin by setting your Cosori Pressure Cooker to Saute/Brown and adjust cook time and temperature as per instructions- we set ours to 7 minutes at 300 F.
Once the cooker heats (approx. 1 min) add in your meat and place the glass lid on top to prevent splatter. Stir meat halfway through to ensure even browning.
When the timer goes off remove the meat with a slotted spoon and add 1 c of water to the pot.
Press the off button to allow machine to rest before pressurizing while you assemble your lasagna layers.
In a 7" cake pan (or spring form pan) begin to assemble your lasagna as follows.
Marinara Sauce (about 1/4 of it), Noodles (you will have to break them to fit into the pan and use the pieces to cover a layer as best as you can), 1/2 of the Ricotta Mixture, 1/2 Meat.
Repeat above step for your second layer.
Top with another 1/4 of marinara sauce and then noodles.
Finish off by adding the remainder of your sauce and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
Place trivet in the bottom of your Pressure Cooker to keep your pan off of the liquid. You will need to use folded foil to help lower the pan into the cooker (see directions for creating foil lift).
Gently lower the lasagna into the cooker to sit on top of the trivet.
Put lid of Pressure Cooker in place and ensure the pressure release valve is set to lock.
Select the Bake function (which will default to level 6 or high pressure) and then using the Cook Time button set your timer to 22 minutes.
Press On/Start to begin the cooking process!
Once the 22 minutes has finished the Pressure Cooker will beep 3 times and switch in to Keep Warm mode. You will want to unplug the machine at this time and set a timer for 15 minutes to allow natural depressurizing.
Before you remove the lid you want to ENSURE that you set the pressure release valve to the release position to remove any remaining pressure.
Using a pair of oven mitts you will now remove your pan using the foil handles and place it on a baking sheet. You now have the option of putting it on high broil in your oven for 3 mins to brown the top.
Allow lasagna to sit for 10 minutes before cutting to prevent your sauce from escaping, giving you a nice presentable slice!
For the herbs you can use either fresh or dried, whichever you have on hand is fine!
For the sauce layer you can use your favorite marinara sauce, or make your own like we did.
Your sauce and cheese mixture can be made ahead of time and kept in the fridge until you are ready to assemble.
Do not remove the liquid from sauteing your meat as this will combine with the added water for the pressure build.
The Pressure Cooker will make a hissing noise as it adjusts to the appropriate pressure level.
Now as I mentioned above, the pressure cooker will make a slight hissing sound as it is pressurizing…do not freak out (like I did!). I had to message my sister frantically and ask if hers did that too, nothing I had read warned me about that and I was back to my initial fear of the thing!
Giveaway closed**winner has been contacted to claim
**Please note: By entering the giveaway you are agreeing to receive email correspondence and free recipes from The Olive Blogger. Winner will be randomly selected from all entries on October 6th, and will be notified via email message within 72 hours. You will need to respond within 48 hours in order to claim your prize or we will select another winner. Contest is open to Canadian and US residents only, excluding the province of Quebec.
- It has A TON different smart cooking functions!
- You can use it to make rice, yogurt, stews/soups, hot pot/fondue, and even bake a cake…just to name a few.
- Advanced safety features like the unlock indicator to alert you if your lid is not secured prior to starting to pressurize, helping to prevent accidents in the kitchen.
- If you are more “advanced” with your pressure cooking skills you can even use the manual functions to set the time and pressure to your preference
- BUT if not that is okay too, they have 17 Smart Programs already built in for you!
- Stainless steel inner pot is dishwasher safe, as well as the glass lid and steamer…less time doing dishes is always a plus in my book!
- I know I already mentioned it but the TIME this amazing cooker gives back to us is priceless! Our Pressure Cooker Lasagna is a prime example of a daunting dish made easy in a fraction of the time.