This versatile cookie can be made any night of the week and altered to fit your taste of the moment…making it a perfect recipe to have on hand for any occasion (or craving)! They are slightly chewy and perfectly sweet, and very easy to make!
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Makes: approx 3 dozen (more or less depending on spoon size)
- 1c butter, softened
- 1c lightly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4c flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3c quick cooking oats
- 1c dried cranberries (or substitute for chocolate, nuts, etc)
- Preheat oven to 325 F
- In large bowl (or stand mixer) cream butter and both sugars until creamy. Beat in eggs one at a time, then add vanilla.
- In a medium bowl sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Stir into creamed mixture until just blended (DO NOT over mix).
- Mix in oats and cranberries (or other mix-in) until just combined.
- Drop by heaping spoonfulls onto an ungreassed cookie sheet.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes (until just golden along the edges) Cool 10 minutes before moving to a rack.