As I mentioned in the post this recipe is so easy to customize to your tastes and really doesn’t take much to make, which makes it the perfect weeknight dinner! This is epecially true if you use a store bought pastry shell (like I do!) and the best part is that they come in a 2 pack so you can keep the other one in your freezer for when you want another super quick dinner! You can substitute any veggie you like for the asparagus as well as change out the cheese to your tastes, enjoy! <3
- Store bought pastry pie shell (I use Tenderflake..personal preference)
- 5 large eggs
- 1 1/2c shredded old cheddar cheese
- 1 large onion finely sliced and caramelized
- to caramelize the onion add 1 tbsp butter to hot pan with onion and a pinch of salt. Cook over medium heat until translucent.
- 1 small bunch of asparagus, steamed (approx. 8-10 spears)
- 3/4c milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare pie shell according to package directions.
- Reduce the heat to 380 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl beat eggs and milk. Add in salt and pepper (a pinch) and mix well.
- Place cooked asparagus and caramelized onions evenly in the bottom of pie shell.
- Pour egg mixture over top and sprinkle the cheese throughout (you may want to use a fork to gently push it down so it doesn't burn in the oven).
- Cook for 30-40 minutes, until the top is lightly golden and the eggs are no longer runny (they should be firm, with no gooey spots).
- Cut into 6 equal portions and serve with a side salad!
Below are some things I use to make my quiche <3 Contains affiliate links, which cost you nothing more but help you to see the products I love!