Alright ya’ll! This is a super easy dish that you can mix up with your favourite meats and veggies (feel free to substitute away to meet the needs of your picky eaters). There are so many “Shortcuts” from Bisquick to store bought rotisserie chicken, that this dish is ready and on the table in 30 minutes!
We even have a homemade Bisquick recipe that you need to check out, and ALWAYS keep on hand!! (I promise you won’t go back to store bought once you make it yourself).
- Store bough rotisserie chicken, shredded (or leftovers from night before)
- 1 small Onion, diced
- 1 cup Carrots, diced
- 1 cup Frozen or Canned Corn
- 1/2 Frozen or Canned Peas
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1/3 cup Flour
- 2 cups Chicken Broth (we use the powdered broth and mix with water)
- 2/3 cups Milk
- 1/4 tsp each of Salt, Pepper and Celery Seed
- 1/2 tsp dried Parsley
- 1 cup Bisquick (see homemade link above!) you may need a little bit more if your consistency isn't thick enough
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 Egg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- In a pan heat the butter over medium heat, cook onions until softened.
- Stir in the flour, salt, pepper and herbs. It will create a thick paste, let cook for 30 seconds once combined.
- Slowly add in your milk and chicken broth and simmer until thick (this should only take about a minute).
- Remove from the heat and add in your vegetables and chicken, mix well and add to a deep casserole dish. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine the ingredients for the crust, mix until there are no lumps. It should be slightly thicker than a pancake batter. If you need to, add more bisquick (a little bit at a time).
- Pour the crust mixture over the chicken mixture and place in the oven on the center rack.
- Cook for about 30 minutes or until the crust is a nice golden brown!
That’s it! I told you it was easy! Now go dig in and enjoy…although I must warn you, when hubby and I make this we often go for seconds and thirds!