Do you have 15 minutes? Then you’ll WANT to make this yummy dish to share with your friends and family this weekend! With just a few very simple ingredients you will have a dish that will leave everyone licking their bowls and wanting more. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Serves: 4-6 (dinner sized portions!)
*Note: You will want to cook your pasta to an Al-dente state as it will continue to cook when you add the bacon mixture and eggs*
- 2 eggs
- 1 c Parmesan cheese
- 1 c frozen spring peas
- 1 pkg pasta of your choice (spaghetti, fettuccine, linguini etc)
- 8 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, diced (more if you like it garlicy!)
- salt and pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil
- In a small bowl mix together the eggs with the parmesan to create a smooth mixture
- Heat a medium pan over med-high heat for your bacon…when water begins to boil add a liberal handful of salt (See my picture below…you do not want to skimp here as this flavours your pasta!).
- Add bacon to the pan stirring occasionally…cook until almost crisp. Add in garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- When pasta is about 2 minutes from Al-dente add in your frozen peas so they can cook in the boiling water. Reserve 1c of pasta water before draining off.
- Immediately mix your pasta/peas with the bacon mixture and pour over the eggs and cheese. Gently mix and add in fresh pepper to taste. Slowly add in reserved pasta water until it reaches a “creamy” consistency.
- Serve and ENJOY!
The “bacon” I used is not your traditional bacon! This is a gorgeous homemade Capocollo that my father in law gave us! If you can get your hands on this from your butcher (or even a nice pancetta) why not splurge and make it an extravagant dish!