Fill your home with the delicious scent of freshly baked Pumpkin Spice Muffins and top them off with our spiced cream cheese frosting to make it a one of a kind indulgent Fall treat you will love!
Nothing says Fall like the scrumptious scent of Pumpkin Muffins wafting from the kitchen while the sun bursts through your open windows allowing a crisp breeze to take you away to another place…ahh how I love this season! I couldn’t think of a better thing to do with my day off this week than do what I love the most…BAKE! Which is why I am sharing with you guys my delicious and easy Pumpkin Muffin Recipe!
Remember those Pumpkin Scones we made the other week? Well, I wanted to make that Spiced Cream Cheese Frosting again which is why I decided to pull out another pumpkin recipe for you guys to enjoy! The muffins are so fluffy and full of flavor on their own, but after topping them with the spiced icing…O-M-G you guys will never believe how wonderfully the flavors mesh! Just look at how gorgeous they are:
pumpkin muffins, scones and drinks!
I seriously love this recipe! And, like most of my recipes, it is versatile!! You can add chopped nuts, candied pumpkin seeds, cranberries…you name it! Just think of how lovely these would be after a giant Thanksgiving dinner!! I mean…if you want to share them you can bring them along, or just keep them un-iced in a sealed container to enjoy over the course of the week (you know when you are ripping your hair out from all that stress that comes with planning and executing a holiday meal)! But not to worry, over the next week or two I will be getting you guys ready for Thanksgiving with everything from your main meal to side dishes and of course yummy desserts!
Now if it is pumpkin you are looking for be sure to also check out our incredible Slow Cooker Pumpkin White Hot Chocolate for a tummy warming drink to go with the cool days ahead.
Be sure to PIN this recipe so you have it for later!
Pumpkin Muffin Recipe with Spiced Cream Cheese Frosting
A delicious and easy Pumpkin Muffin Recipe with a flavorful Spiced Cream Cheese Frosting - a PERFECT treat with the cooler days ahead!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time22 mins
Total Time27 mins
Servings: 12 Muffins
- 2 c Flour
- 1/2 c Margarine you can use butter if you prefer but this works just fine!
- 1/2 c Brown Sugar
- 1/2 c Granulated Sugar
- 1 C Pumpkin Puree NOT spiced pie filling!
- 2 Lg Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Ground Cloves
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/4 c Butter
- 1/2 Brick of Cream Cheese
- 1 3/4 c Powdered Sugar confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 3 tsp Milk
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Nutmeg
- Pinch of Ground Cloves less than 1/8 tsp
- Pinch of Salt
Preheat oven to 350 and line a muffin tin with 12 muffin liners
In stand mixer cream together margarine with sugars until light and fluffy. Add in pumpkin puree, eggs and vanilla and beat on medium-high until mixed together.
In a separate bowl, sift together dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder, spices, and salt). Slowly add to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
Fill muffin cups (all the way if you want a nice fluffy and full muffin!) and cook for 22 minutes (until a toothpick comes out clean).
Remove and allow to cool.
In the meantime, cream together butter and cream cheese with powdered sugar until a creamy paste forms. Add in milk and beat until thick and creamy. Beat in the vanilla and spices and mix well until fully combined.
Once the muffins have cooled completely you can ice and enjoy (or place in a sealed container for up to one week and ice when ready to eat!).
Tips & Tricks for the perfect pumpkin muffin every time!
- Do not over mix your batter, once you add your dry ingredients you want to mix until just combined…this will keep them fluffy and light!
- Be sure to sift your dry ingredients before adding them to the wet, this ensures you don’t end up with clumps of baking soda all in one bite.
- Use a cookie scoop to fill muffin liners and prevent a sticky mess on the pan that will burn in the oven! This also makes sure you have the same amount in each cup, which means even cooking times!
- Allow your muffins to cool COMPLETELY before icing them, otherwise the icing will just melt off.
- You can freeze these (and most muffins) in a tightly sealed container so you can ice and enjoy them later! No need to wait until the day before a holiday to make all the components of your meal! Make what you can ahead and enjoy a glass of wine instead!
Well, there you have it! Another delicious and easy dessert you can enjoy any day of the week! If you are like me and loooove Fall flavors then you better get started on this easy Pumpkin Muffin recipe…I can’t wait to hear what you think of them!
looking for more recipes like our pumpkin muffin?
This post contains affiliate links, they cost you nothing more but allow you to see the tools I love to use in my own kitchen! Please see my Disclosure page.