Okay guys I can’t even pretend to hide my EXCITEMENT that the 13 Days of Christmas Baking is back!! We are starting it off with a bang with a delicious truffle recipe with everyone’s favorite ingredient: peanut butter! I have literally been thinking up ideas and baking away for the past 365 days in preparation for this years list…and I even have some fellow bloggers along this year to share a cookie or two from their recipe box! Are you excited now!? I know, Christmas is still a few weeks away, but guys so many of these goodies can be made far in advance so you can freeze them and put them away for your Christmas trays (woohoo, anything to save time closer to the holidays and I am one happy girl).
So, be sure to follow along for the next couple of weeks to see all 13 Days of Christmas Baking and let me know which goodies you make!! I will also be sharing a few gift ideas and guides to make your Holiday Season even more stress free (you’re welcome)…and if you are like me, you have a TON of people to make trays for, I will be sharing some VITAL tips for packaging and sending your cookies away for their journey.
So, are you ready to get baking?! Today’s goodie is a delicious Peanut Butter Pretzel Truffle Bite (adapted from Restless Chipotle). It is so easy to make, literally it takes 10 minutes to put together (plus chill time) and it will blow your mind! The peanut butter mixes with the pretzels to give a nice crunchy texture and then is covered in a delicious milk chocolate coating, sending your taste buds into Elf Town! Mmm! I tested out the recipe and made enough to bring to a family event, where they were DEVOURED…everyone is still asking me to make them again, but they will have to wait for their Christmas trays!
Peanut Butter Pretzel Truffle Bites
A delicious "truffle" filled with peanut butter and pretzels and coated in chocolate! They take 10 mins to make and are guaranteed to be a hit with all!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Chill Time30 mins
Total Time10 mins
- 1 cup peanut butter Crunchy or Smooth
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter Room temperature.
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Confectioner’s sugar
- 1 ½ cups chopped pretzels
- ½ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
Mix peanut butter, butter, brown sugar, and Confectioner’s sugar in stand mixture until smooth
Slowly pour in the pretzels and graham cracker crumbs and mix until combined
Form small sized balls using your hands (about 1" diameter) and place on a cookie sheet.
Freeze until very firm, about 30 minutes.
Melt the chocolate with shortening in a microwave safe bowl (check every 15-20 seconds and stir to ensure the chocolate doesn't burn)
Dip the balls in the chocolate.
Place back on cookie sheet and into the fridge to firm up.
You can then transfer into truffle cups for a nicer display for gift giving!
tips for the perfect Peanut Butter Pretzel Truffle Bites
- You will have “chunks” from the peanut butter and pretzels (when mixing), but you want to make sure it is evenly mixed throughout
- Rinse and repeat! You will have to rinse your hands a couple of times while working them into balls, this will prevent them from sticking to the peanut buttery mess on your palms
- Place the dipped bites into the freezer to firm them up quicker if you are short on time, and then place into decorative truffle cups for gifting!
- If you aren’t giving (or eating) these right away you can put them in a sealed freezer-safe container for up to 8 weeks and pull them out 30 minutes before serving (this way they can come up to room temperature)
This post contains affiliate links, which help to keep the site running! Please see my Disclosure Page for more information.