If you are like me you are ALWAYS looking for a new cookie recipe to add to your collection…I mean can you ever really have enough? Now, this is an update on your classic Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe, mixed with the flavors of a tasty Oatmeal Cookie, it is one to please people on both sides of the cookie “fence”! This was another one of those “I don’t have what I need!!!” recipes, but like my Peach Crisp, they turned out even better than my original!! And do you know what I was missing?? Brown sugar!! That is a STAPLE when making a traditional peanut butter cookie…but not with my new discovery!
This post contains affiliate links, which cost you nothing, but allow you to see what I use in my own kitchen!
I mean guys, just look at those cookies!!! I have to tell you, they have a nice chewy center, and the peanut butter flavor just POPS (secret tip: use Crunchy Peanut Butter to add a whole other level of texture and flavor to your cookies!). They are also perfect for dipping in a nice cup of tea! I love my Tea Forte Mug (pictured above) and loose leaf teas at any time of day, and with one of these Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies the stress of my day literally melts away (or crumbles into the cup)! Combine it all together and what a great hostess gift you have!!
Now, if you have followed me for long you know that I LOVE cookies and am constantly sharing a new recipe with you! Take for instance my Classic Oatmeal Cookie or even my Chocolate Crinkle Cookies , both are great examples of a versatile cookie you can adjust to your preferences, and this one is no different guys! If you prefer to use creamy peanut butter…go for it! Wanna add in some chopped nuts or chocolate chunks..yep you can do that too! Have fun and make em your own! Now, let’s get baking!
Makes: 2 dozen + ( I got 30 good size cookies!)
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 1 1/4 cup Chunky Peanut Butter
- 1 cup White Sugar
- 1 lg Egg
- 1/4 cup Margarine (or butter)
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup Quick Cooking Oats (you may need more to thicken your batter depending on the size of your egg and if you choose to use creamy peanut butter instead)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- In mixer, beat together your peanut butter with egg, vanilla and butter until creamy.
- Add in sugar and mix well until the sugar is dissolved (about 3-5 minutes on medium speed).
- Add in your oats and (on low speed) mix until just combined.
- Using a teaspoon (or cookie scoop) drop by spoonful onto your baking sheet.
- Bake on middle rack for 10-11 minutes (until they are JUST browning around the edge, this keeps them chewy!)
- Remove from oven, allow to cool and enjoy!