Oooo do I have a TREAT in store for you guys today! If you enjoy indulging in a slice of chocolate cake every once in awhile, but just don’t have the time or patience to make it, don’t you worry…your newest and QUICKEST recipe is here : Mug Cakes!! These tasty desserts seem to be growing in popularity, and for really good reason if you ask me! The Mug Cake Recipes that I have for you guys are awesome for a few reasons; they take under 5 minutes from start to finish (yep that includes cooking time), they use ingredients that you already have on hand, and they are just simply DELICIOUS ! Guys, don’t just take my word for it…look at them!
This is the Chocolate Brownie Mug Cake (with a gooey peanut butter middle!). Find the recipe for both Mug Cakes below!
- 1/4 c Flour
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1/8 tsp Kosher Salt (Sea Salt)
- 2.5 tsp Caramel Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Chocolate Chips (semi-sweet or milk)
- 1/4 c Milk (heat in microwave 12 seconds)
- 2 tbsp Butter (melted, allow to cool)
- See above and substitute caramel sauce for peanut butter, eliminate salt and increase sugar to 2.5 tbsp.
- Heat milk and melt butter, set aside.
- In small bowl sift together flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, and sugar.
- For Caramel Cake: add in 1 tsp caramel sauce, milk and butter. Mix well until there are no clumps. Mix in chocolate chips.
- Pour half of mixture in mug, add additional 1 tsp caramel sauce and top with the rest of batter.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute, drizzle with remainder of caramel and sprinkle with salt.
- For Chocolate Brownie Cake: Steps 1 and 2 above, then add in milk and butter mixing until no clumps. Add in chocolate chips. Pour batter into mug. Gently form peanut butter into log using two spoons and push into the center of batter. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Top with icing sugar if desired!
Did you even finish reading the recipe before you started to gather your ingredients (ha!) I don’t blame you, they are super easy to make and really will curb any sweet tooth you have! Another thing I love about any Mug Cake recipes is that you can really customize it to your own tastes. As long as you have your basic ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, milk, butter) you can really get creative and add in things that you love! Why not try a chocolate coconut mug cake? Or how about a peanut butter and jelly mug cake?! The possibilities are really endless!
looking for more sweet treats?!
- Check out my Dessert page, you will find a nice mixture of easy and decadent treats to make for any craving!
- Check out this delicious Monkey Bread from our friends at FizlDizl!
- Want a new muffin recipe?! Try our Coconut Carrot Muffins!