Hey ya’ll! Did you have a nice weekend?! I hope you took my advice and went strawberry picking so you could enjoy the recipes I posted in my Strawberry Round-Up! They won’t be “in season” here for much longer so we try to take advantage of the freshness while we can, freezing any extras for cravings down the road! Unfortunately for me I got a chest cold on Saturday and it is still sticking with me…ugh!! I have been drinking green tea and honey-lemon since it started…really hoping I shake it in the next couple days, it is never fun to be sick in the Summer!
Anyway, today I wanted to share with you a super easy marinade you can make for your BBQ meats (or even vegetables if you like em dressed up). I used it on some lovely pork loin chops we picked up from the local butcher, and will use it on some chicken this week! It was so easy to put together and not only added delicious flavours to the meat, but kept it super moist too. The hardest part is letting it sit and soak up the goodness before cooking it, I marinated mine for about 3 hours, but you can set it up the night before too.
This is just a sneak peak at my next round-up, which is totally focused on BBQ season with everything from rubs and spices, to marinades and sauces…you guys are going to LOVE IT!
Marinated Pork Chops ~ Food-spiration Tuesday!
- 4 tbsp Honey
- 1/2 tsp Ginger ground
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper more if you don't mind the heat!
- 3-4 chopped Garlic Cloves or 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp Ketchup
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- Salt and Pepper a pinch
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl
- Pour 3/4 of the mixture into a ziploc bag (or tight sealed container), add meat and seal.
- Leave remainder of sauce in bowl and put in fridge to use later
- Place sealed bag in fridge and flip meat occasionally to coat
- Remove chops (I waited a few hours) and grill over medium heat, use reserved marinade to baste meat while it cooks
- TIP* put meat on the grill and do not move or squish it until ready to flip, and only once, to get nice grill marks!
- Serve with a fresh salad and baked potatoes and ENJOY
*Note: This post may contain affiliate links, they cost you nothing more and allow you to see the products I use and love in my kitchen!*