Get ready to have your mind blown, this Butter Chicken Poutine is not your “normal” poutine recipe…no no, I decided to use Naan Bread as my fries! Oh ya, you definitely read that right, and you are going to want to grab a pen and make your shopping list now because this recipe is AMAZING!
So, what sparked this GENIUS IDEA you ask?! Well, as part of one of my blogging groups there are monthly challenges using a specific recipe item or dish, in this case it was Naan Bread, we then create a dish and share within the group so that everyone can see what was created. When I first saw the idea I thought “Pizza! We do Naan Bread pizzas weekly in our house…so quick and easy…” but then I thought I wanted to go further with it and give you guys something you haven’t seen before. And that is exactly what I did! Look at it, so gloriously yummy!
Not only is this recipe full of flavor, but it is actually really, REALLY easy to make too! The butter chicken is placed on top of the crispy Naan Bread (don’t worry I’ll tell you how to do this too) and then smothered in cheese and cilantro. What isn’t there to love about this dish?! Every single bite that you take leaves you wanting more…it’s a good thing this recipe makes enough to serve 4 dinner sized portions!
Butter Chicken Poutine with Naan Bread Fries
- 1 pkg Naan Bread you only need 3 for the recipe
- 5-6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1 cup Grated Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 tbsp Fresh Chopped Cilantro
- 1 jar Butter Chicken Sauce I used KFI but you can use any one you love!
- Salt and Pepper
- Cut chicken into cubes and cook according to directions on sauce (generally, you pan fry chicken until browned, add sauce and cook for 5 mins on low simmer)
- Set oven to low broil and place 3 Naan Bread inside (**Keep an eye so they don't burn!) flip after about 2-3 mins when they get slightly crisp and broil additional 2 mins.
- Cut Naan into "fry sticks" and set aside.
- In a small bowl assemble ingredients as follows: Naan fries, Butter Chicken, Cheese Cilantro. Have fun and add as much or as little for the above ingredients!
There are a couple things I am already thinking about for the next time we make this too! First, I would love to try it with some plain Greek yogurt on top, or even some crumbles of goat cheese. I think this would give it a really nice tangy flavor! Also, I would love to try it with actual cheese curds (these are traditionally used when making poutine!). With that said, this dish is incredible just as it is, and I know you will love it too!