This Hot Chocolate Recipe is sure to be a new favorite, it is lusciously creamy and the spices mix beautifully with the white chocolate to create a Pumpkin Spice drink you won’t soon forget. It comes together effortlessly and makes enough to serve 8-10 people.
With the days getting shorter and much colder I thought I would share with you guys my delicious Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate Recipe. If you are a fan of creamy and rich hot chocolate then you are going to love this unique twist on a classic Fall drink. The fact that it is made in a slow cooker gains it extra bonus points in my opinion, who doesn’t love a “no-watch” recipe right?
The ingredients that go into our Hot Chocolate Recipe are simple and sweet! To make it creamy we used both condensed milk and cream which helps to create a thickness you won’t get with milk alone. We also use the traditional spices you would find in a Pumpkin Muffin or Pumpkin Spice Latte. You can adjust the amount of spices you use to fit your tastes, but I think we found a pretty good balance in our recipe. So are you ready for a sweetly spiced cup of Hot Chocolate?
how do you make hot chocolate in a slow cooker?
It is as easy as throwing everything together, giving it a stir and setting it to cook! Honestly, this is my preferred method of making Hot Chocolate as I don’t have to stand over the stove for 45 minutes to ensure the milk doesn’t scorch. And the best part of this Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate is that it is big enough for a crowd which makes it great for holidays and gatherings!
You can even make it ahead of time and keep it in a sealed container in the fridge, then you just set your slow cooker to “keep warm” to reheat it slowly before your guests arrive. Anything that saves me time when I am trying to entertain is a win-win, especially when it only uses 1 dish.
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate
- 1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 can Pumpkin Puree (not pie filling) 15 oz
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 6 cups Milk we used 1%
- 1 package White Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 tbsp Ground Cinnamon + additional for sprinkling on top of cups
- 1/4 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/8 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp Allspice
- 1/8 tsp Ground Cloves
- Slow Cooker MethodIn a small bowl whisk together all spices to combine
- Next, combine the condensed milk and cream in your slow cooker and stir to an even consistency. Add in your pumpkin puree and milk, stirring to combine.
- Add in spices and white chocolate chips and stir. Set to high for 1.5 hours or low for 2.5 hours, being sure to stir every 20 minutes or so.
- Stove-top MethodFollow directions above but using a large sauce pot instead. Set it over medium-low heat on the stove for approximately 45 minutes. Be sure to stir every 10 minutes to prevent the milk from scorching.
toppings for your hot chocolate
You can get as creative as you would like with toppings for yours but personally I find this Hot Chocolate recipe perfect just the way it is. That being said, you can never go wrong with a dollop of whipped cream or a nice fluffy marshmallow.
Other toppings could include:
- Fresh grated nutmeg
- Chocolate dipped cinnamon sticks – a garnish with a purpose!
- Cookies (cut and placed on the side of your mug)
- Homemade Caramel Sauce for drizzle
- Flavored marshmallows
- Sprinkles for on top of whipped cream
- Chopped Pecans or Walnuts – both delicious with the pumpkin flavors
Mmm just look at how tasty that cuppa Hot Chocolate looks, it just screams Fall comfort to me. Be sure to make a batch for your next gathering and let us know what you thought using #OliveYum on Instagram for a chance to be featured.
More like this hot chocolate recipe
- Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate
- Pumpkin Spice Latte – Food Network
- Brownie Biscotti – to serve with your Hot Chocolate
- Apple Cider Mimosas – Country Living