These Rice Krispie Treats are perfectly ooey , wonderfully crunchy and adorable to look at! They are easy to whip up with the kiddos and are ready in 5 minutes, making them the perfect treat for decking the tree.
How could I not share something Grinch inspired this year with the new animated movie that just came out?! The Grinch is one of my all time favorite Christmas movies so I thought it would be fun to do a fun take on the classic Rice Krispie Treats by dying them green, covering them in fun sprinkles and of course red Grinch hearts.
I know I am not the only one who is brought back to their childhood when they look at these delicious treats, they were a staple in our house for the pure fact they are easy to make!
How do you make Rice Krispie Treats?
There are only a couple of steps to creating the perfect rice krispie square, and like I said before, they come together in just a few minutes so you don’t even have to wait to indulge.
- Melt margarine or butter in a microwave safe bowl
- Add in your marshmallows and stir to coat each one (they will become glossy)
- Place back in the microwave and heat in 30 second increments until your marshmallows are fully melted
- Add in rice krispies/crisp rice cereal and mix well
- Top with fun sprinkles and gently press into the mixture so they don’t fall off
Ready to make your rice krispie treats
Christmas Rice Krispie Treats - Grinch Style!
- 1/4 cup Margarine/Butter
- 5 cups Mini Marshmallows or 40 regular marshmallows
- 8-10 drops Green Food Coloring
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- Christmas Sprinkles for topping
- Prepare 8" x 8" pan by lightly coating with butter to prevent your rice krispie treats from sticking later on
- Using a large microwave safe bowl, melt margarine on high for 30 seconds until it is melted. Add marshmallows and toss until they are coated (they will have a glisten).
- Microwave for 30 seconds, remove and stir with a wooden spoon. Continue to microwave in 30 second increments until they are smooth when stirred (about 1.5 mins)
- Working quickly, add vanilla and food coloring and stir to combine. Add in cereal and stir until evenly coated. It will be super sticky so you will want a bowl of hot water and metal spoon for pressing into your pan.
- Gently press into your prepared 8 x 8 pan, and use the hot metal spoon to even out any bumpy sections.
- Immediately top with red and green sprinkles and hearts, lightly pressing so they stick into the bars. Allow to cool before cutting.
How perfect would these be for a school or neighborhood Christmas Party? I hope you see how fun and easy they are to make for kids and adults alike! They really are a delicious treat that EVERYONE will love! You can also customize them based on the season, like we did with our adorable Easter Bunny Rice Krispie Squares.
You may Also like