These Banana Carrot Muffins are incredibly moist and full of lightly spiced flavor – a healthy muffin recipe that the entire family will love.
If you’ve been around for awhile you know that we LOVE a good muffin recipe – especially when we can sneak in vegetables like our super popular Coconut Carrot Muffins.
I can say with absolute certainty that these are the BEST Banana Muffins I have had thanks to the fact that they are packed with a cup of grated fresh carrot on top of the mashed banana and other pantry ingredients. Bonus points for them being a recipe from my Grandmothers recipe box which makes them that much more special.
I always find myself reminiscing about my childhood at the lake when I pull a recipe that my Gramma used to make, there is just something so dang special about recipes that come with memories. Do you have any favorites that your family has passed down through the generations? I would love if you shared them with us below!
And don’t worry about any complicated ingredients friends, everything you need to start baking these is listed here;
- Baking Powder
- Ground Cloves
- Vegetable Oil
- Brown Sugar
- Buttermilk* (see recipe for our trick)
Bananas and Carrots Together?
I know what you’re thinking, you’re looking at the screen trying to make sense of why on earth I would share a recipe that combines such a sweet fruit with an everyday vegetable…right?
All I can say to you is TRUST ME, bake these and come back and tell me how amazing they were – I have already made them 3 times since rediscovering the recipe that’s how delicious they are. The bananas and carrots together with the cloves, nutmeg and cinnamon create a flavor combination that will make your taste buds dance.
Be sure to PIN THIS BANANA CARROT MUFFIN RECIPE so you have it for later!
More like this
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffins
- Double Chocolate Cherry Muffins
- Chocolate Banana Muffins – Zardy Plants
- Banana Apple Muffins with Oats
- Chocolate Banana Brownies
- Healthy Mixed Berry Muffins
Frequently asked questions
Here are a couple of questions that are asked when people are looking to make muffins – if you have a question that isn’t answered below please email us or leave a comment so we can answer you!
To keep your muffins moist we suggest baking them in a 375 F oven and setting a timer for 15 minutes to check them. If a toothpick comes out clean then your muffins are done and ready to cool.
Any recipe that calls for buttermilk can easily be adapted with regular milk and vinegar. Simply add 1 tbsp vinegar for every 1/2 cup of milk. Allow the vinegar and milk to sit for at least 5 minutes without stirring, this will give it time to “curdle” and create an at home buttermilk quickly!
Because these muffins are so moist I suggest storing them in an airtight container on the counter for up to 5 days. If you will not be eating them all in this time frame they are a great muffin to freeze. Simply wait until they’ve cooled and wrap in plastic wrap, then a layer of tin foil and place in the freezer.
1. Sift dry ingredients together.
2. In separate bowl whisk together eggs with oil, brown sugar, milk, banana, carrot and vanilla.
3. Combine wet with dry in stand mixer and mix until just combined.
4. Fill muffin cups and bake 15 minutes at 375 F.
If you made this recipe please be sure to rate it, leave us a comment below and let us know what you thought!!
- 1 ½ cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Nutmeg
- ¼ tsp Ground Cloves
- ¼ tsp Kosher Salt
- 2 lg Eggs
- ½ cup Vegetable Oil
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Buttermilk, or ½ cup milk with 1 tbsp vinegar
- ½ cup Mashed Banana, approx. 1 medium banana
- 1 cup Grated Carrot
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line muffin tin with 12 muffin liners.
- Sift dry ingredients together in stand mixer/
- In a medium bowl lightly whisk eggs with all wet ingredients to combine.
- Pour wet mixture into the dry and mix on low speed until just combined - do not overmix.
- Fill muffin liners ¾ full to ensure a fluffy muffin top.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 211Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 280mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 4g
Please note, nutrition information is not always 100% accurate
Be sure to subscribe to our Email List so you can always get delicious recipes and ideas to your inbox for FREE!