This simple dip uses cream cheese, ranch dressing, buffalo sauce, shredded chicken and lots of cheese to make a one of a kind, creamy dip that is perfect for game nights and any holiday appetizer table!
Chances are you have had this style dip if you have been to any event in the last 5 years – and it’s for good reason! It has become our go-to dip to bring with us (and put out on our own entertaining table). And I love that it goes great with chips, but even better (in my opinion) with fresh, crunchy veggies!
Ingredients for Buffalo Chicken Dip
To make this dip you need just a few key ingredients, and thanks to my simple swap you can make this even when you don’t have chicken breasts on hand! Here are just a couple quick notes on what I like to use in this recipe (the full ingredients list can be found in the recipe card below)
Normally this dip is made using chicken breast that you boil and then shred, and while it gives you nice shreds of chicken, it doesn’t always combine into the dip too well and you end up with some bites having more chicken than others.
A great swap is to use canned flaked chicken (I like to get the ones from Costco). They are so easy to use in this recipe, and saves you not only the cooking/shredding time but also the frustration of having little to no chicken in every bite! Trust me – these are a game changer for this dip!
Buffalo Wing Sauce
This is a personal preference, BUT I am going to tell you to use Frank’s Buffalo Wing Sauce. It is hands down the best one I have tried so it is what I use time after time when making this chicken dip. If you have a favorite, then use that instead!
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Dip with Photos!
- Preheat oven to 350F and if using fresh chicken breasts, boil chicken until fully cooked and then remove to cool 10 minutes before shredding.
- In a medium bowl combine cream cheese with buffalo wing sauce, and 1/2 of the ranch dressing. Stir until smooth.
- Add in the chicken and 1/2 of the shredded cheese and stir to combine.
- Spread into an 8″x8″ baking dish and top with remaining cheese and green onions. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until the dip is bubbly.
- Top with remaining ranch dressing and serve with fresh veggies and tortilla chips.
More Entertaining Recipes
- Easy Corned Beef Dip
- 14 of the GREATEST Game Day Dips
- Strawberry Punch Bowl Cake
- DIY Fruit Skewers
- White Sangria
- 1 package (8 oz) softened cream cheese
- 1 cup ranch dressing (I prefer Hidden Valley)
- ⅓ cup buffalo wing sauce (Frank's is preferred!)
- 2 cups shredded chicken breast (or two cans shredded chicken)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, sliced * optional
- Preheat oven to 350F and if using fresh chicken breasts, boil until cook through.
- In a medium bowl combine cream cheese, half of the ranch dressing and hot sauce until smooth.
- Add in shredded chicken and 1.5 cups of the shredded cheese, stir to combine.
- Spread into an 8"x8" baking dish and top with remaining cheese and green onions.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until dip is bubbly. Top with remaining ranch dressing and serve!
2 carrots cut into sticks
2 celery stalks cut into sticks
1 bag tortilla chips
Serving Size:0.5 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 252Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 52mgSodium: 593mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 13g
*Please note that nutritional values are not always 100% accurate and are to be used as a guide.
Be sure to subscribe to our Email List so you can always get delicious recipes and ideas to your inbox for FREE!