Asparagus and Caramelized Onion Quiche
This Quiche Recipe is the perfect weeknight dinner, very easy to make and the Asparagus and Onion are a bright flavor combination!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Resting Time 5 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Servings 6 Slices
- Store bought pastry pie shell I use Tenderflake..personal preference
- 5 large eggs
- 1 1/2 c shredded old cheddar cheese
- 1 large onion finely sliced and caramelized
- to caramelize the onion add 1 tbsp butter to hot pan with onion and a pinch of salt. Cook over medium heat until translucent.
- 1 small bunch of asparagus steamed (approx. 8-10 spears)
- 3/4 c milk
- salt and pepper to taste
Prepare pie shell according to package directions.
Reduce the heat to 380 degrees Fahrenheit.
In a medium bowl beat eggs and milk. Add in salt and pepper (a pinch) and mix well.
Place cooked asparagus and caramelized onions evenly in the bottom of pie shell.
Pour egg mixture over top and sprinkle the cheese throughout (you may want to use a fork to gently push it down so it doesn't burn in the oven).
Cook for 30-40 minutes, until the top is lightly golden and the eggs are no longer runny (they should be firm, with no gooey spots).
Cut into 6 equal portions and serve with a side salad!