Easy Herbed Green Beans and Carrots
Easy and delicious vegetable side dish that is coated in an herbed butter and broth mixture and topped with fresh chives.
Servings 6 people
- 3 large Carrots peeled and cut into sticks
- 2 cups Green Beans trimmed and washed
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 cup Chicken Broth can use vegetable
- 1/2 cup Fresh Chives chopped
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Parsley
- 1/4 tsp Fennel Seed gently crushed
- 2 tsp Balsamic Vinegar we use white
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Salt and Pepper
Using a medium saucepan melt butter over medium-high heat. Add in green beans and carrot sticks. Add garlic powder, parsley, fennel and salt and pepper to taste.
Add in chicken broth and reduce heat to medium. Stir to coat the vegetables, cover and simmer for 10 minutes until tender.
Add in half of the chopped chives along with balsamic vinegar and sugar stirring to mix and coat. Cook for an additional 4-5 minutes.
Remove from heat and serve in your favorite dish. Best enjoyed same day but can be reheated the following day as well (reduce original cooking time by 5 minutes to ensure they are not mushy)