I couldn’t wait to share this one with you guys! My hubby cooked up a bunch of sweet potatoes last week and by Thursday we were sick of eating them as a boring side so I chose to up the game a bit and turn them into a “fritter” (I use this term lightly, I guess it could also be called a pancake!). It was so easy, and I used whatever I had on hand…I have seen other recipes that are similar but they require you to go to the store ten times to get everything to make them (often with 20+ ingredients for something that could be made just as delicious with much less ingredients and time!). Less time cooking leaves you more time to mix a yummy drink from my Top 10 Summer Drinks list!
Those of you who know me know that I love savory foods and love even more when they are easy to make and ready in no time! So…here you go, my recipe for a simple yet yummy Sweet Potato Fritter, with a sriracha aioli for dipping…Enjoy!
Easy Sweet Potato Fritters
- 2 sweet potatoes cooked
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 c corn meal
- 1/4 c bread crumbs
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/3 c mayo
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1-2 tbsp sriracha
- Allow potatoes to cool to a temperature you can work with, remove skin and mash in a bowl .
- In a small bowl beat egg until yolk breaks, add to the potatoes.
- Add in additional ingredients for the patties and mix well.
- Scoop into balls (about 6-8 of them) and place on medium-high grill (lightly oiled). Gently squish them into a flat circle and allow to cook 5 mins/side.
- While they cook, mix your mayo, lemon juice and sriracha to create your aioli!
*This post may contain affiliate links. They cost you nothing more and allow you to see some of the products I love to use in my own kitchen!