Mother’s Day and warmer days are ahead my friends, which means it is time to start adding some new and tasty desserts to your recipe box! This Lemon Amaretto Tiramisu is a real game changer, in fact it is so delicious that I think you will be making it over and over again this summer! This Tiramisu is super light and fresh tasting, and the addition of the lemon curd is seriously amazing…it gives it that nice tart punch you crave on the hot summer days (think of a delicious glass of lemonade puckering your lips).
In a traditional Tiramisu the cookies are first soaked in espresso and coffee flavored liquor, which many people find overpowering and heavy. This one however is instead dipped in a simple syrup created with Amaretto (which is a lovely almond flavored liquor) and perfectly compliments the sweetness of the mascarpone layer. Heavenly right?! There are a few steps for making the dessert, but it really comes together quickly once you have everything going, and trust me when I say the time it takes to make it is more than the time it will take for you to devour it!
Lemon Amaretto Tiramisu Dessert
- 1 ½ cup sliced almonds
- 1 egg whites
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 pkg Lemon Pie Filling generally requires 2 egg yolks
- 1 container mascarpone cheese 475 g
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 ½ cups whipping cream 35%
- 3/4 cup Cool Whip
- 1/3 cup amaretto liqueur
- 18 ladyfinger cookies 2 pkg
- Preheat oven to 350 F . Beat the egg white in a small bowl and toss almonds until well coated. Stir in 1/4 cup of the granulated sugar until well combined. Spread onto either parchment lined baking sheet, or a silicone mat (see photos). Bake and stir after about 5 minutes, place back into the oven until light golden, about 5 mins. Set aside.
- Prepare lemon curd according to package, allow to cool slightly and add in the cool whip. Stir until well combined (should be a soft yellow). Place in the fridge until ready to assemble (can make a day in advance).
- In stand mixer, beat together mascarpone cheese, icing sugar and vanilla until smooth. Empty into bowl so you can prepare whipped cream.
- Beat 1-1/2 cups of the cream until stiff peaks form; fold into mascarpone mixture using a silicone spatula and put in fridge until ready to assemble.
- In small pot cook remaining granulated sugar (1/4 c) with 1/4 cup water over medium heat and stir constantly until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool completely. Stir in amaretto. Dip both sides of ladyfinger cookies in amaretto mixture and place in a single layer in a 13x9" baking dish.
- Spoon mascarpone mixture over ladyfingers, spreading to edges gently pressing down so mixture fills holes. Spread lemon mixture evenly over top. Prepare the rest of the whipped cream and spread over lemon mixture, top with almonds and serve.
tips and tricks for lemon amaretto tiramisu
- Prepare the lemon curd and mascarpone mixture a day in advance so you just have to assemble the dish when you want it.
- Going to multiple events in a weekend?? No problem! This recipe can easily make two 8″x8″ dishes instead (your layers won’t be as thick but will be JUST as tasty).
- Put your sugar water mix in the fridge once it comes off the stove to cool it down faster!
- Be sure to soak your cookies long enough (about 10 seconds a side) you want them to be soft with a slight bite to them (plus the more amaretto mix they soak up the better).
Ok, well now that I have finished the post I think I need to go make it again!! Be sure to let me know what you think of it! And if you love lemon recipes as much as I do be sure to check out my Raspberry Lemon Meringue Tarts (another simple and deeeelicious dessert to make for any event!). Enjoy <3
This recipe was adapted from Canadian Living.