These Banana Bread Muffins are loaded with delicious chocolate chips and chopped walnuts – they are a deliciously moist muffin with a slightly crunchy muffin top. Whether you’re looking for a yummy grab-n-go breakfast, or a sweet treat to end your day, this muffin recipe is for you!
It’s a snowy Sunday afternoon here, which is the perfect time for me to whip up and share my delicious Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffins! I always seem to have a stash of over ripe bananas in my freezer just begging to be made into something for everyone to enjoy, and I am almost certain you do too (hands up!!). And just look at what those mushy little things can turn into…
First Published: February 2018 Last Updated: April 17, 2020
I love these muffins for a number of reasons, like the fact that they have fruit in them so I consider them to be healthier than just a chocolate chip muffin (I can fool myself right??)…also, the texture of them is out of this world, which is why I call them a Banana Bread Muffin!
They are super moist and perfectly soft, they have a slightly crunchy top and pops of chocolate throughout…yum! And they really are easy to make guys, you know me, I don’t like things that take a gazillion steps or ingredients, simple and delicious that is my motto.
Be sure to check out our Chocolate Chip Scones for a sweet way to start your day!
More like this
- Mixed Berry Muffins
- Double Chocolate Cherry Muffins
- Lemon Cupcakes with Coconut Frosting
- How to make Crepes
If you made this recipe please be sure to rate it, leave us a comment below and let us know what you thought!!
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffins
- 2 Ripened Bananas you want em mushy!
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 c Milk we use 1%, use what you have
- 1/2 c Butter unsalted, melted and cooled
- 1 tbsp Vanilla
- 1.5 c Flour
- 1/3 c Sugar
- 1/3 c Brown Sugar
- 1.5 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 pinch of Salt
- 1/3 c Chopped Walnuts
- 1 c Chocolate Chips milk or semi-sweet
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line muffin tin with muffin cups (makes 12)
- Mix together bananas, milk, melted butter, egg and vanilla in a large bowl until well combined (should be smooth)
- In a small bowl whisk together flour, sugars, baking powder, and salt, add to wet ingredients and stir to combine.
- Stir in chocolate chips and chopped walnuts, do not over mix your batter or you will have dense muffins.
- Fill 12 muffin cups (you want to fill with batter almost right to the top so you get a nice round muffin top with a slight crunch!)
- Bake 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool and enjoy
Be sure to subscribe to our Email List so you can always get delicious recipes and ideas to your inbox for FREE!
Okay friends, get digging in that freezer for your bananas and get ready to be blown away by these delicious Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffins, and be sure to let me know what you thought of them! You can #OliveYum on Instagram or leave a comment below, I LOVE to see your creations!