Here is a recipe for a Zucchini Fritter that takes no time at all to make and serves a crowd! It is a good way to use up all those fresh zucchinis from your garden (or the local market!) and is something you can feel good about eating! We do ours fried in a small amount of oil, but you can bake them as well if you are looking to keep it a little bit healthier. They are also super easy to whip up, with just a few ingredients you are ready to go!
Here are a couple of things to keep in mind when mixing them up. The key to getting a good consistency for your batter is by grating the zucchini (and using the smallest side of the grater) so that you still get the texture and color from the zucchini but it melts into the batter when you cook it! Look at the photo above, perfect consistent pieces of zucchini for our batter. There is nothing worse than a chunky zucchini fritter! Also, do not overcook these! Only fry them until your dough is cooked through (about 2 mins per side) so that they don’t try out. Lastly, they are best served warm (in my personal opinion) but are still quite tasty the next day…if they last!
You could even pair these up with the Sweet Potato Fritters we made a couple months ago to add variety to your next get together..Mmm just think of how happy everyone’s tummies will be! Now, on to the recipe! It makes about 12 3″ patties, which you can always make smaller to feed a larger crowd. The smaller ones are also nice for an appetizer, a one-bite Zucchini Fritter if you will!
- 3 Cups Grated Zucchini
- 1/2 Milk we used 1%
- 2/3 Cup Flour
- 1 Lg Egg
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/3 Cup Cornmeal
- 3 Tbsp Oil extra virgin or vegetable
- Heat oil in a medium pan over medium-high heat.
- Whisk together your egg and milk in a medium bowl. Add in the grated Zucchini.
- In a small bowl, sift together flour, paprika, and salt. Add in cornmeal and mix with fork to combine.
- Add your dry ingredients into the wet and mix well until a thick batter forms.
- Using a ladle, add to your hot pan and cook about 2 mins per side. When slightly golden remove from pan and put on paper towel to remove excess oil.
So are you hungry!? Do you have a favorite Zucchini Recipe you always make? Share it below and get cooking <3