This soft pizza dough will help make pizza night any night and is better than store bought dough hands down! Requires no rising time and can be used immediately.
This week I thought I would share our recipe for the ultimate pizza dough, we are constantly making pizzas as a quick weeknight meal…not only in the oven but also on the BBQ, it is a GREAT meal idea for any night of the week!
The greatest thing about this recipe is that it requires no rest or rise time, you can use it to make your pizza right away! Also, it is a great make ahead dough for freezing- meaning you can freeze the dough and have it on hand for whenever you need it!! And with the versatility of pizza toppings, you are sure to make everyone at your dinner table HAPPY! (check my Kale Pizza here).
Last Updated: February 11, 2020
frequently asked dough questions
I know a lot of people are intimidated by making their own dough, I used to be one of them, but I promise you that this easy dough recipe will change your mind! Here are some questions you may have before you make your pizza dough.
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE PIZZA DOUGH
As I mentioned, making your own dough is so incredibly easy you will be shocked you haven’t made it before! It’s as simple as combining your dry ingredients; flour, salt and yeast, with your wet ingredients; oil and water. You then want to mix (using a dough hook on stand mixer, or using your hands on a floured surface) until it begins to form a ball, adding additional flour as needed. Once it reaches the consistency you want (not sticky) knead for 3-5 minutes and you’re ready to bake your pizza.
CAN YOU FREEZE HOMEMADE PIZZA DOUGH
Yes! Freezing homemade dough is the best way to have easy and quick weeknight dinners any night of the week. I love to make triple batches of the dough when I am in the kitchen so I can purposely have extra in the freezer. Once you have kneaded your dough to the correct consistency simply lay a piece of plastic wrap on the counter and place your pizza ball on it. Gently “flatten” your dough into a disc to make it easier to store in the freezer. When ready to use be sure to remove from the fridge in the morning and allow to come to room temperature before using.
Be sure to PIN THIS QUICK PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE so you have it for later!
recipe for pizza dough
Did you make this recipe? Please be sure to rate it 5 stars and leave us a comment below and let us know what you thought!!
Quick Pizza Dough
- 2.5 c all purpose flour may need 3c depending on dough
- 2 ¼ tsp pizza yeast
- 1 c warm water not boiling as it will ruin the yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Begin by putting the yeast, flour and salt into your mixing bowl (we use a stand mixer).
- Add the water and olive oil and mix with dough hook on low speed for 1 minute until combined.
- Turn speed up and mix until ball forms, adding in the additional 0.5-1c of flour as needed until it is no longer sticking to the side of the bowl.
- Continue to mix on medium speed for 3 minutes once consistency of dough is right (it shouldn't feel wet or stick to the bowl, it should form into a ball as it mixes). Your dough can be used right away but we like to let ours sit for additional rising time.
- *OPTIONAL* Drizzle the inside of a clean bowl with olive oil. Put the dough in the bowl and cover loosely with a damp kitchen towel. Set the bowl in a warm, draft-free place, until the dough has doubled in size, about 2 hours.