Sweet Potato Fritters
- 2 sweet potatoes, cooked (you can steam, boil or bbq, whatever you prefer!)
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp dried (or fresh if you have) parsley
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 c corn meal
- 1/4 c bread crumbs
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Sriracha Aioli
- 1/3c mayo
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1-2tbsp sriracha (depends on how spicy you like it!)
- Allow your sweet potatoes to cool to a temperature you can work with, we used ones that were cooked a few days in advance! Remove the skin and mash in a bowl. In a small bowl beat your egg until the yolk breaks, add to the potatoes.
- Add in additional ingredients for the patties and mix well. If they are too dry you can add in some olive oil (no more than 1 tsp) to combine.
- Preheat pan over medium-high heat with 1 tbsp oil or butter. Drop by spoonfuls and gently press down to create patty. Allow to cook 3-4 mins per side until lightly golden!
The Olive Blogger - Recipes for Everyone