Sweet Potato Fritters
- 2 sweet potatoes cooked (you can steam, boil or bbq, whatever you prefer!)
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp dried or fresh if you have parsley
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 c corn meal
- 1/4 c bread crumbs
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Sriracha Aioli
- 1/3 c mayo
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1-2 tbsp sriracha depends on how spicy you like it!
- Allow your sweet potatoes to cool to a temperature you can work with, we used ones that were cooked a few days in advance! Remove the skin and mash in a bowl. In a small bowl beat your egg until the yolk breaks, add to the potatoes.
- Add in additional ingredients for the patties and mix well. If they are too dry you can add in some olive oil (no more than 1 tsp) to combine.
- Scoop into balls (makes about 6-8) and place on a medium-high grill lightly oiled. Gently squish them into a flat circle and allow to cook 5 mins/side (this will give it a nice crust and soft center).
- While they cook, mix your mayo, lemon juice and sriracha to create your dipping aioli. Serve hot and enjoy!