Here is a classic dish made simple (you don’t have to use fancy beef to get the same flavour in my stroganoff)! Although it may look super decadent (and by that we all know I mean fattening) I promise you it isn’t! In fact, the worst thing in it is the sour cream and you can choose which percentage you want to use to adjust to your taste and lifestyle. *Side note…did you know they make a lactose free sour cream?! My hubby discovered it for me when he went to grab the ingredients to make this dish! Yay!!*
Anyway…all you need is a few ingredients and 20 minutes of your time and you will have this gorgeously yummy dish on your table and in your tummy!
Cooking Time: 20 mins (5 mins prep)
Serves: Easily 4-6
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 c fresh mushrooms (I use cremini), sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic gloves, chopped
- 1/4 c margarine (you can use butter if you prefer)
- 1 1/2 c beef broth (I use the boulion cubes and mix with water ahead of time!)
- 2-3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- this is really to your own preference...we LOVE it so we always add more!
- 1/4 c flour
- 1c sour cream
- salt to taste
- 1 pkg egg noodles cooked and drained
- Cook mushrooms and onions in the butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Stir occasionally and add garlic when onions are just tender. Remove from pan and set aside in a bowl for later.
- Cook your ground beef in the same pan until fully browned (about 7 mins). Stir in 1c of the broth along with salt and the worcestershire sauce. Allow this to come to a boil before turning down the heat and simmering (covered) for 10 mins.
- Stir your remaining broth with the flour to create a liquid paste and add to beef mixture. Add your onion mixture back in and heat to a boil, stirring constantly (you will see it thicken). Stir in your sour cream until just heated.
- Serve over egg noodles and ENJOY!
This post contains affiliate links, which cost you nothing, but allow you to see the products I use in my own kitchen for cooking!