This Pork Tenderloin is going to be the centerpiece of your meal…it will impress even the pickiest eaters around your Thanksgiving table and is easy to make! It is nice to have options besides the classic Turkey dinner, especially if you are like my family who has 2-3 dinners over the course of the holiday weekend (not that I’m complaining!).
This recipe combines all the best flavors of Thanksgiving into one meal.. The pork is filled with cranberry sauce and stuffing (don’t worry, we use the boxed kind to cut down on time, and it is just as good) and then tightly wrapped in bacon. Doing it this way cooks the pork and self bastes it with the fat from the bacon. Remember guys, it’s a HOLIDAY meal, you aren’t eating this every weekend so the extra fat is soooo worth it! The nice thing about this Pork Tenderloin is that it takes 5 minutes to prepare and then it’s into the oven, no attention needed! Now that’s my kind of meal!
Can we just take a minute to appreciate the beauty of this dish? I mean..come on! I love how you can see the perfect filling of stuffing and cranberries throughout the Tenderloin when it is cut. And the bacon stays wrapped around each piece as if it were part of the meat to begin with. We served it with additional cranberry sauce on the side (I looove the stuff) as well as our Perfect Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Cinnamon Glazed Carrots. It really was a perfect Thanksgiving meal, that was super easy to prepare and was beyond delicious for all tummies involved.
tips and tricks for the perfect stuffed pork tenderloin everytime
- If your tenderloin isn’t already cut in two then you will want to do that, this makes it easier to fill with your cranberries and stuffing…don’t just butterfly it, cut it right apart!
- Start out by lining a cutting board with the bacon. I placed about 10 strips side by side with a slight overlap and then placed the pork directly on top of it. This is much easier than trying to wrap it after it is stuffed!
- Use canned cranberry sauce and boxed stuffing. Trust me!! It makes this a much easier dish and you can’t even taste the difference!
- For the stuffing: do not prepare according to the box or you will have a mushy center…instead add the stuffing to a bowl and mix with 2 tbsp of warm water, this will make it slightly damp and perfect for filling your pork. The juice from the meat will do the rest of the work for you!
- Let it sit before you cut it. This is CRUCIAL for the meat juices to rest so it doesn’t sap all over the platter.
Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
- 1 kg Pork Tenderloin
- 1 pack Bacon regular not maple!
- 1 box Stuffing Mix
- 1 can Whole Cranberry Sauce
- Preheat oven to 375°F..
- Prepare stuffing with 2 tbsp warm water, mix until just slightly wet and combined then set aside.
- Lay bacon out with a slight overlap on cutting board (about 10 pieces).
- Place pork on top of bacon, holding together the two halves so they are slightly parted.
- Fill with stuffing and top with cranberry sauce (don't be shy, add enough until it is overflowing)
- Gently push pork together and wrap tightly with the bacon (holding the pork, tightly pull the bacon around until you cannot see the pork underneath...you may need an additional piece of bacon on the ends)
- Place on a baking rack on baking sheet (Note: the bacon should be so tightly wrapped that it doesn't fall apart once you let go!)
- Cook on middle rack for 35-45 minutes, until thermometer reads 150 (I like mine a little more done, recently guidelines have changed to say 145 but I am just not down with that!)
- Allow to sit for 10 minutes before cutting and serving
This post contains affiliate links, which cost you nothing more, but allow you to see what we love to use in our own kitchen and for entertaining! See my Disclosure Policy for more information.