This incredibly easy Strawberry Punch Bowl Cake uses fresh strawberries and cream to make a Summer dessert you will want to bring to every BBQ and gathering you’re invited to!
With how quick it is to make this Strawberry cake you can have it on the table for dessert tonight – with just a few ingredients too.
This cake recipe reminds me of the fresh strawberry cakes my family used to get for every birthday celebration (we have since moved on to an incredible gelato cake).
The fresh strawberries mixed with the freshly whipped cream are heavenly, and mixed in with the pieces of airy angel food cake take it to the next level for your tastebuds.
As I mentioned, there are only a handful of ingredients needed to make this easy cake.
Angel Food Cake
You can use the mini cakes like pictured above, or a full size angel food cake. If using the larger cake you will want to first slice it into rings and then tear or cut into bite size pieces.
Pudding and Cream
For the cream you need to use a 35% whipping cream, anything less will not whip up firm enough and will make the cake soggy. As for the pudding, I prefer the instant Jell-o brand vanilla pudding – I find it tastes as close to a fresh vanilla pudding as you can get!
How to make Easy Strawberry Punch Bowl Cake
A few easy steps and you will have the most beautiful Strawberry Punch Bowl Cake to enjoy.
- Add whipping cream to a medium bowl and beat on high speed for 3 minutes, until firm peaks form. Place in the fridge.
- Add the vanilla pudding with milk to a separate medium bowl and whisk on medium speed for 2 minutes. Place in the fridge.
- Wash strawberries and then cut into thin slices.
- Cut the angel food cake into bite sized pieces (see ingredient notes above if using a full sized cakes).
- Add vanilla pudding to the whipped cream and gently fold to combine.
- Layer the ingredients into a punch bowl and watch the magic happen! Start with a layer of the cake, top with strawberries and then the whipped cream mixture. Repeat and end with a dollop of the cream.
More Summer Treats
- Homemade Strawberry Lemonade
- DIY Fruit Skewers
- Delicious Lemon Bundt Cake with Lemon Glaze
- Strawberry Scones
- Easy Cherry Coffee Cake with Crumb Topping
- 1 package mini Angel food cakes
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding
- 473 mL 35% whipping cream
- 2 cups milk (2% is what we used)
- 1 package fresh strawberries (1lb, 454g)
- In a medium bow add whipping cream and mix using a hand mixer (can also do in stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment) mix on highspeed until stiff peaks form. Place in the fridge.
- To another medium bowl add the vanilla pudding with 2 cups of milk and mix on medium speed for 2 minutes until it begins to thicken. Give it a stir and place in the fridge.
- Wash and prepare strawberries. Remove stems and cut into thin slices.
- Cut or tear angel food cake into bite sized pieces.
- Remove whipped cream and vanilla pudding from fridge. Fold whipped cream into the vanilla pudding until JUST combined.
- Use your fanciest punch bowl (or just a large glass bowl) and begin to assemble the punch bowl cake! Start with a layer of angel food cake, top with cream and add strawberries.
- Continue the layers, finishing with cream on top and strawberries arranged nicely.
- Cover and place in fridge, keep cold until ready to enjoy!
Serving Size:1.5 cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 285Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 79mgSodium: 87mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 0gSugar: 11gProtein: 4g
*Please note that nutritional values are not always 100% accurate and are to be used as a guide.
Be sure to subscribe to our Email List so you can always get delicious recipes and ideas to your inbox for FREE!
Be sure to Pin this recipe so you have it for later!