This easy air fryer recipe is the perfect weeknight dinner, ready in just 20 minutes and can be served on it’s own or with a delicious side salad!
My family has been enjoying this classic sausage and pepper dinner for years, and as soon as I got my air fryer I knew it was going to make this dish even easier to prepare.
It is my go-to dinner recipe when the peppers in my fridge are starting to show their age and the few ingredients it takes to put this together will amaze your tastebuds – trust me!
- Italian Pork Sausage – we all have a favorite brand and that’s fine, just make sure that the sausage you buy is seasoned and ready to go. You can cook it from frozen for this dish as well, just add an additional 10 minutes to your cooking time and check the internal temperature to ensure it is at 160F .
- Bell Peppers – I prefer to use red and yellow bell peppers as I find them sweeter and a nicer compliment to the Italian spices of the sausages. That being said, if all you have on hand is green peppers then toss those in and enjoy!
- Onions– I use red onion when making this dish, it never disappoints in flavor (like a yellow onion that is just TOO STRONG). I have also used sweet Spanish onion and find it just as delish.
- Potatoes – the best potatoes for this dish are definitely russets. They are high in starch so they fry well compared to other varieties.
How to make Air Fryer Italian Sausage
- Wash and prepare all ingredients – this includes rough chopping bell peppers, dicing potatoes, slicing red onions and cutting sausage links into quarters.
- In a small bowl mix together garlic powder, Kosher salt, ground black pepper, paprika and parsley.
- Prepare air fryer – set to air fry for 20 minutes (with a reminder to turn at 10 minutes) and allow to preheat. While heating, toss potatoes and sausages with vegetable oil and spices in a large bowl.
- Add to the air fryer when it is heated and give a shake at the 10 minute mark. This is also when you will add in the onion and bell peppers.
- Once the final 10 minutes are up be sure to check your sausage, it should be nicely browned and fully cooked through. Give a final shake of the air fryer basket to mix everything around.
- Serve and enjoy!
More Easy Dinner Recipes
- Cheese Stuffed Manicotti
- Creamy Pierogi Casserole
- One Pot Sausage and Zucchini Pasta
- Easy Slow Cooker Sesame Chicken Thighs
- Mediterranean Tuna Melt
- Beef Stroganoff
- Tilapia with Corn Salsa
Items you need
The following may contain affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
If you don’t already have an air fryer I highly recommend the Gourmia Air Fryer – for ease of use and size!
You will also need a good chefs knife for all of the slicing and dicing – a dull knife will not cut it (ha, get it?).
- 1 package Italian Pork Sausage (300g)
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 red onion
- 3 large russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon parsley
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- Wash and prepare all ingredients. Roughly chop bell peppers, dice potatoes (the smaller they are the crispier they get). Slice red onion and cut sausage links into quarters.
- In a small bowl mix together garlic powder, parsley, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Set air fryer to preheat with a cook time of 20 minutes (and a turn reminder set for 10 minutes).
- While air fryer preheats, toss potatoes and sausage with vegetable oil and spice mixture.
- Add sausage and potatoes to the preheated air fryer. Give them a gentle shake at the 10 minute mark before adding in onion and peppers.
- When cook time is finished be sure to check sausage temperature (160F minimum). It will be nicely browned and crispy. Give a final shake of air fryer basket and serve warm.
Be sure to subscribe to our Email List so you can always get delicious recipes and ideas to your inbox for FREE!