This brownie recipe is unlike anything you’ve had before – it is fudgy and rich and filled with mini eggs. As if that’s not enough it is then topped with a simple chocolate ganache!
If you are a fan of the classic Cadbury mini eggs then these brownies are definitely for you. The brownie recipe itself is so simple, using basic baking ingredients, but the addition of the candy coated chocolate eggs set them apart from your traditional brownies.
I thought that my Nutella Brownies were my favorite, but these guys quickly changing my mind!
If you are like me and you love to bring a new dessert to your family get togethers you will need to add these to your list for a fun and easy Easter dessert (though they can be enjoyed any time of year)!
- Granulated sugar
- All purpose flour
- Cocoa powder
- Kosher salt
- Baking powder
- Vegetable oil
- Vanilla Extract
- Cadbury Mini Eggs
The following may contain affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- Measuring spoons and cups
- Large bowl
- Silicone spatula (or wooden spoon)
- 8×8 Baking pan
- Squeeze bottle
How to make Mini Egg Brownies
Preheat oven and grease your baking pan, set aside.
Whisk together dry ingredients (sugar, flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder).
In a separate bowl whisk together wet ingredients (oil, milk, vanilla and eggs).
Mix dry ingredients into the wet using a whisk – combine until almost smooth.
Add in chopped Mini Eggs and stir to combine using a wooden spoon.
Pour batter into prepared baking pan and bake.
Top with ganache and crushed Mini Eggs. Enjoy!
Where should brownies be stored?
These brownies are fine to be stored either at room temperature or in the fridge which will help them keep longer. Just keep in mind that if you store them in the fridge you will want to take them out ahead of when you want to eat them so they are perfectly fudgy again.
How do I know when brownies are done?
The easiest way to check if the brownies are done (and any baked good like a cake, blondie etc) is to simply stick a toothpick in the center and see if it comes out clean. Now, with these Mini Egg brownies you will have some melted chocolate come out on the toothpick so be sure to not overcook them.
As long as your brownies are not jiggling when you gently shake the pan, then they are done.
Can brownies be frozen?
Yes! You can freeze this brownie recipe, just be sure to omit the ganache topping if that’s what you will be doing. Then when ready to enjoy them, take them from the freezer and allow to come to room temperature before adding the topping.
More recipes like these brownies
- Nutella Brownies
- Brownie Biscotti
- Chewy Brownie Red Velvet Cookies
- Chocolate Banana Brownies
- Toffee Brownie Trifle
Did you make this recipe? Please be sure to rate it 5 stars and leave us a comment below and let us know what you thought!!
- 2 ¼ cups Granulated sugar
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- ½ cup Cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 cup Vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup Milk (we use 1%)
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla extract
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 ½ cups Cadbury Mini Eggs
- ½ cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup Cream (18%)
- Preheat oven to 375 F and grease an 8x8 inch baking pan.
- In a medium bowl whisk together dry ingredients; sugar, flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together wet ingredients; oil, milk, vanilla and eggs.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet mixture using your whisk, mixing until smooth.
- Add in 1 cup of the Mini Eggs (gently crushed) and stir to combine using a wooden spoon.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan and bake for 40-45 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- While baking prepare ganache. Add chocolate chips to medium bowl. Heat cream in the microwave until hot but not boiling. Pour over chocolate chips and place a plate (or lid) over top of the bowl and let sit for 5 minutes. Use a whisk to stir together to create ganache.
- Pour ganache over cooled brownies and top with remaining Mini Eggs.
You can make these brownies without the ganache - I suggest adding remaining Mini Eggs over the top of the brownies right when they come out of the oven and gently press them into the brownie.
Serving Size:1 brownie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 296Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 50mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 1gSugar: 29gProtein: 2g
*Please note that nutritional values are not always 100% accurate and are to be used as a guide.
Be sure to subscribe to our Email List so you can always get delicious recipes and ideas to your inbox for FREE!