The flavors of the tangy cranberry combine with the citrus bursts of clementine and soft sweetness of the rum to create this incredible Clementine Cranberry Cocktail!
The holidays are just around the corner so I thought today I would share my delicious Clementine Cranberry Cocktail (or mocktail!) for you to add to your list for entertaining! Any one who knows us will tell you that this drink is present at any and ALL events that we host. I have even brought the ingredients with me to other parties just so I could enjoy it more while the clementines are in season!
Aside from the fact that this drink is delicious, it is also GORGEOUS and really stands out as a unique Holiday Cocktail your guests will enjoy. It has a beautiful pale red color with notes of both tangy and sweet and the best part? The bubbles from the Ginger ale that bounce on your tongue as you sip (or gulp in my case!) it back! Everything about this Cranberry Cocktail screams holidays to me which is why it has been a staple in our celebrations for over 4 years now.
How do you make good holiday cocktails?
- A good Holiday Cocktail starts with your barware. Be creative and have fun and be sure to have a wide selection of cocktail glasses to match the drink you are making.
- Ice, Ice baby! Cold is best, no one likes a warm drink! Keep your liquid ingredients in the fridge to ensure optimal temperature for your cocktails.
- Have a wide array of alcohol on hand so you can sub if someone doesn’t like your base (i.e. they prefer vodka cocktails to rum cocktails).
- Measure your ingredients. Free-handing is fun but you don’t want to have too strong, or too weak, of a drink to serve your guests.
- Add ice to your shaker right before mixing and no sooner…you don’t want to serve an overly diluted drink.
- Always pay attention to the ingredients going into your cocktail, if it has carbonation be sure to STIR rather than SHAKE to avoid a messy situation.
- ALWAYS garnish your cocktails! Even a simple garnish makes the difference between a drink and a perfect cocktail.
Holiday Clementine Cranberry Cocktail
- 3 Clementines
- 1/2 cup Ginger Ale
- 1.5 cup Cranberry Juice
- handful Frozen Cranberries
- 4 oz White Rum
- handful Ice Cubes
- Prepping the Clementine JuiceBegin by using a fruit knife (often included in a cocktail shaker kit) to gently curl some of the rind for garnish, set aside. Cut the clementine in half and squeeze the juice into a small bowl or container.
- Combine the cranberry juice, clementine juice, ice and rum in your cocktail shaker. Make sure the lid is on tightly and SHAKE to mix the ingredients well.
- Using the strainer, pour equal portions into your glass. Add 1/2 of the ginger ale along with a couple of frozen cranberries and stir gently to combine.
- GarnishOn a small toothpick, spear 3-4 cranberries and wrap the clementine peel from earlier between. Place on top of your glass and serve. Add additional ice if you want it colder.
Remember, everything is customizable! If you are having a large gathering you can always make this as a punch, just calculate the number of guests you have and increase your ingredients. For example, a party with 20 guests would require 10x the ingredients listed above. Also, if you have guests that do not drink alcohol you can easily omit the rum and it will still taste just as good. Always have fun with it and it will show to your guests, no one likes a stressed out party host!
more delicious holidays cocktails to enjoy
- Sparkling Unicorn
- 12 Days of Holiday Cocktails – The Food Network
- Spiked Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate
- Best Christmas Cocktail Recipes – Woman’s Day