If you’re looking for a festive cookie, with a nice cakey texture, and delicious chocolate taste, this is the one for you!
It is very simple to make, and makes a ton of tasty cookies for you to enjoy (and share if you like). I use peppermint kisses on mine to add the festive touch, but you can add any flavor chocolate you like, or omit all together and use festive sprinkles instead.
The best part of baking is the ability to customize each cookie for your own family!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil (you can use canola as well)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar (icing sugar)
- 1 or 2 packages of Hershey's Kisses (peppermint ones!)
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt (you can use a sifter instead).
- In a large bowl (or stand mixer) whisk together sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla.
- Stir your flour mix into the wet ingredients until just combined, do not overmix.
- Cover mixture and chill in the fridge for 2 hours.
- While your mix is chilling unwrap the kisses chocolate and place them in a bowl in your freezer to get nice and hard. This prevents them from melting as soon as they touch the hot cookies.
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Prepare a small bowl with icing sugar which will be used to roll the cookies in.
- Scoop dough into ½ teaspoon balls (it should be slightly larger than an acorn).
- Roll the balls in the icing sugar and place on cookie sheet 2" apart.
- Bake 11-13 minutes (they will start to look cakey) remove from oven and immediately place a kiss in the center.
- Place in freezer right away until the kisses are no longer shiny. This allows them to keep their cute shape and color. If it is cold enough outside (hello Canadian winters) then you can place right outside to chill up!
Serving Size:1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 126Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 53mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 2g
*Please note that nutritional values are not always 100% accurate and are to be used as a guide.
More Delicious Christmas Cookies
Best Gift Ideas for the Baker on your List!
The following may contain affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Remember how I promised you some great gift ideas with my baking posts?! Well see below for a couple of my favorite items for the baker in your life 🙂 (Tomorrow will be something for the creative person on your list, stay tuned!)
- Silicone Baking Mat (a great, reusable item for any one who loves baking!)
- Sifter (this is a MUST for anyone who bakes! It allows all of your dry ingredients to be perfectly blended so you don’t end up with pockets of baking soda…cough cough!)
- A fun Apron(Ohhh how I love aprons! I think I actually might have a problem! I have ones for all the seasons, which includes my adorable Mrs Claus apron that my sister wore for our baking day)
- Good quality, heavy Baking Sheets (these are needed to get the perfect golden cookie bottoms)
- A full vanilla bean, you can find at any bulk store or gourmet grocery store (sounds crazy right?! Real vanilla makes the difference between a good cookie and an OMG THIS IS FANTASTIC cookie!)
Happy baking and enjoy!
Be sure to subscribe to our Email List so you can always get delicious recipes and ideas to your inbox for FREE!