These Muffins are perfectly moist with a slightly crunchy top, and the coconut compliments the carrot with a gentle sweetness you aren’t expecting.
With the mild weather we have been having here I was in the mood this week to bake up some muffins…but not just any kind!
I invited my mom over (we have a weekly Wednesday bake/cook date!) and told her we were going to be making muffins and she suggested carrot…but with a TWIST!!
We ended up deciding on Carrot Coconut Muffins, two of my favorite things in one muffin, and got to work on the recipe to make it perfect for you!
And let me just tell you…they are AMAZING! They are perfectly moist with a slightly crunchy top, and the coconut compliments the carrot with a gentle sweetness you aren’t expecting.
First Published: January 2017 Last Updated: April 16, 2020
Notice how I topped them off with the shredded coconut before going into the oven? This gave them a lovely toasted coconut top to bite into…YUM!
More like this
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffins
- Double Chocolate Cherry Muffins
- Mixed Berry Muffins
- Best Breakfast Muffins
Tips and tricks for the perfect muffins
The following may contain affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- Use a julienne peeler to make shredding your carrots super easy!
- Do not over mix your batter, once you add your dry ingredients you want to mix until just combined…this will keep them fluffy and light!
- Be sure to sift your dry ingredients before adding them to the wet, this ensures you don’t end up with clumps of baking soda all in one bite.
- Use a cookie scoop to fill muffin liners and prevent a sticky mess on the pan that will burn in the oven! This also makes sure you have the same amount in each cup, which means even cooking times!
- If you are looking for nice full top muffins you want to make sure you are filling your muffin cups to the top! This gives them the perfect muffin top! (take a look at the picture above to see how much I filled my muffin cups).
- You can freeze these (and most muffins) in a tightly sealed container so you can enjoy them later!
Well, what are you waiting for?! I bet you have all the ingredients you need to make these Carrot Coconut Muffins RIGHT NOW!
Did you make this recipe? Please be sure to rate it 5 stars and leave us a comment below and let us know what you thought!!
- 2 c Flour
- 1/2 c Margarine, you can use butter if you prefer but this works just fine!
- 1/2 c Brown Sugar
- 1/2 c Granulated Sugar
- 3 c Shredded Carrots, about 3 lg carrots
- 2 Lg Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/2 c Vegetable Oil
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 c Shredded Sweetened Coconut, +more for topping
- Pinch of Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a muffin tin with 12 muffin liners
- In stand mixer cream together margarine with sugars until light and fluffy. Add in oil, eggs and vanilla and beat on medium-high until mixed together.
- In a separate bowl, sift together dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder, spices, and salt). Slowly add to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Stir in the shredded carrot and coconut.
- Fill muffin cups (all the way if you want a nice fluffy and full muffin!) and cook for 22 minutes (until a toothpick comes out clean).
- Remove and allow to cool.
Serving Size:1 muffin
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 338Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 194mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 2gSugar: 19gProtein: 4g
*Please note that nutritional values are not always 100% accurate and are to be used as a guide.
Be sure to subscribe to our Email List so you can always get delicious recipes and ideas to your inbox for FREE!