This is a great meal any night of the week, and can be adjusted based on the veggies and meat you have on hand already (or adjusted for your picky eaters)! I always make a side of basmati rice to create a bed for my stir fry to sit on, which makes it a more filling option for dinner.
Sweet and Spicy Stir Fry
- 1 lb meat of choice I used mild Italian sausage, sliced into quarter size pieces
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1/4 c soy sauce
- 4 Tbsp siracha more if you like it hot!
- splash of white wine under 1/4 cup
- 1/3 c brown sugar
- 1/4 c warm water
- 1 tbsp cornstarch dissolved in cold water
- In a medium pan heat olive oil over medium heat. Add sausage and cook until browned on all sides (about five minutes).
- Add in chopped onion and saute together with meat for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the white wine, soy sauce and siracha. Add the broccoli and place back on the heat until it begins to boil.
- In a small bowl mix brown sugar with warm water, add to the stir fry. Cook one minute and add the cornstarch. Bring back to a boil and remove from heat.
- Serve over rice or noodles and Enjoy!