It’s peach season here in Ontario and I can’t tell you how incredibly happy that makes me, especially when I am cooking up my Peach Stuffed French Toast Recipe…Mmm! You guys are going to go nuts for this one, with the fresh sweetness of the peaches and the crunch of the toasted walnuts…oh boy! I mean really, just looooook at these peaches!
I get as giddy as a school girl as the month of August approaches where I am, not only do we have some of our apple varieties starting to ripen at the orchards, but we have pears, plums, cauliflower, corn and of course PEACHES ready to go from our local farmers! There is honestly nothing better than fresh and local produce, the flavors and freshness make any dish spectacular!
Anyways, you are here for the Peach Stuffed French Toast Recipe I promised you right?! You know what I love about this recipe? I love how quick and easy it is to make! That is something I always try to promise you guys…quick, easy and FLAVORFUL meals that everyone can enjoy. And with this one you can even serve it up when you have overnight company and they will think they are eating at a cozy Bed and Breakfast! As with most of my recipes, you can also customize this one to your own tastes…add in strawberries, blueberries or even apricots if that is what you prefer. Use what is in season and plentiful, and you will always end up with a 5 star dish.
Okay, okay…here you go! (This recipe makes 4 slices, adjust accordingly!) Get ready to put your traditional French Toast Recipe to shame!
- 3 Large Peaches (sliced)
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 3 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1/8 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 c Chopped Walnuts (toasted)
- 1 Loaf of Fresh White Bread (cut into 1 1/2" slices)
- 2 large Eggs
- 1/4 c Milk
- Powdered Sugar (for finishing)
- Begin by melting butter in a medium pan over medium heat. Add in sliced peaches with the brown sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla. Once it comes together and peaches begin to soften, add in some water (about 1/4c or less) to pick create a syrup.
- Remove peaches from heat after about 3-4 minutes (you do not want them to be super soft, you are only merging the flavors here)
- Take your slices of bread and carefully cut a "slot" in the center starting at the top (See photos) Gently pull back to create a pocket for your peaches.
- In a flat dish or bowl beat eggs with milk
- Gently stuff your bread with your cooked peaches (try to reserve some of the syrup)
- Dip both sides of bread in egg mix and place in pan over medium-high heat. Cook for about 2 mins each side.
- Remove from pan and serve topped with toasted walnuts, powdered sugar and reserved peach syrup!
Just a few tips:
- You can use any bread you prefer, my favorite two are Egg Bread (or Challah bread) and Fresh White Bread (from the bakery) See below for the thickness as well as the slot for stuffing the peaches
- You don’t need “ripe” peaches, in fact ones that are slightly under ripe are perfect for this dish!
- Use a slotted spoon when stuffing your bread so you can reserve more of the syrup for on top
- Make extra…TRUST ME! You will not have just 1 slice! This recipe is perfect for us as it is just the two of us…that is 2 pieces each!
And here you have it my friends…the perfect Sunday Brunch!
If you liked this you may also enjoy:
- 5 Star Fluffy Pancakes (my featured breakfast item when we have guests over!)
- Classic French Toast (from the Food Network)
- Peaches and Cream Coffee Cake (from Tidy Mom)
*Please note this page may contain affiliate links, which cost you nothing, please see my Disclosures Policy for more details!