It’s a snowy Sunday afternoon here, which is the perfect time for me to whip up and share my delicious Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffins! I always seem to have a stash of over ripe bananas in my freezer just begging to be made into something for everyone to enjoy, and I am almost certain you do too (hands up!!). And just look at what those mushy little things can turn into…
I love these muffins for a number of reasons, like the fact that they have fruit in them so I consider them to be healthier than just a chocolate chip muffin (I can fool myself right??)…also, the texture of them is out of this world, which is why I call them a Banana Bread Muffin! They are super moist and perfectly soft, they have a slightly crunchy top and pops of chocolate throughout…yum! And they really are easy to make guys, you know me, I don’t like things that take a gazillion steps or ingredients, simple and delicious that is my motto.
**Recipe note: should say 1.5 tsp Baking Powder!**
- 2 Ripened Bananas (you want em mushy!)
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 c Milk (we use 1%, use what you have)
- 1/2 c Butter, unsalted, melted and cooled
- 1 tbsp Vanilla
- 1.5 c Flour
- 1/3 c Sugar
- 1/3 c Brown Sugar
- 1/5 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 pinch of Salt
- 1/3 c Chopped Walnuts
- 1 c Chocolate Chips (milk or semi-sweet)
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line muffin tin with muffin cups (makes 12)
- Mix together bananas, milk, melted butter, egg and vanilla in a large bowl until well combined (should be smooth)
- In a small bowl whisk together flour, sugars, baking powder, and salt, add to wet ingredients and stir to combine.
- Stir in chocolate chips and chopped walnuts, do not over mix your batter or you will have dense muffins.
- Fill 12 muffin cups (you want to fill with batter almost right to the top so you get a nice round muffin top with a slight crunch!)
- Bake 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool and enjoy
Okay friends, get digging in that freezer for your bananas and get ready to be blown away by these delicious Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffins, and be sure to let me know what you thought of them! You can #OliveYum on Instagram or leave a comment below, I LOVE to see your creations!