These Easter inspired rice krispies are filled with chocolate eggs and adorable bunny sprinkles and are super easy to make!
Can you believe we are already in March? I swear Christmas was just last month…time just seems to go by faster and faster!! Oh well…Now that Spring is upon us (yay!!) I thought I would share these really easy Easter Bunny Rice Krispie Squares for you to make and enjoy.
I’ve loved making Rice Krispie Squares since I can remember, although my sister is the self crowned “Queen” for making them (lets just say she couldn’t bake or cook much of anything growing up but they were her specialty) and I wanted to think of a fun way to incorporate them into my Easter desserts…so I present to you my Easter Bunny Rice Krispie Squares (I mean how cute are they?!).
The bright colors of these squares really makes me excited for Spring, and of course we added some crushed mini eggs on top to add to the whole Easter theme we were going for!
Don’t they look like the perfect treat for your little bunnies baskets?! I used the Spring edition of the Rice cereal, although you can use a regular one and just add in some extra sprinkles when mixing it together if you can’t find them.
Here are some of our favorite Easter treats to make:
Carrot Cake Trifle – using a boxed cake mix!
These really are super easy to make. You can involve the kiddos in every aspect of the preparation and of course the finale of covering them with sprinkles and crushed mini eggs (just try not to eat them all before adding them…I dare you!).
I also love the fact that you can make them the day of or in a pinch if you forgot you were on dessert duty!
Did you make this recipe? Please be sure to rate it 5 stars and leave us a comment below and let us know what you thought!!
- 1/4 c Butter, or margarine
- 5 c Mini Marshmallows, you can use large ones instead, use approx. 40
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
- 6 c Rice Krispies Cereal, we used the Spring edition!
- 1 c Candy Coated Chocolate Eggs
- Easter Sprinkles, for topping
- Prepare 9x13" pan by lightly coating with butter.
- Using a large microwave safe bowl, melt margarine on high for 30 seconds.
- Add marshmallows and toss until they are coated (they will have a glisten).
- Microwave for 30 seconds, remove and stir with a wooden spoon. Continue to microwave in 30 second increments until they are smooth when stirred (about 1 1/2 mins)
- Working quickly, add vanilla and stir to combine. Add in cereal and stir until evenly coated.
- Gently press into your prepared 9x13" pan (or you can use an 8x8 like we did and do the remainder in muffin tins!)
- Immediately top with sprinkles and chocolate eggs, lightly press so they stick into the bars. Allow to cool before cutting.
Serving Size:1 square
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 241Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 137mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 0gSugar: 26gProtein: 2g
*Please note that nutritional values are not always 100% accurate and are to be used as a guide.
Be sure to subscribe to our Email List so you can always get delicious recipes and ideas to your inbox for FREE!
Be sure to PIN THESE RICE KRISPY SQUARES so you have them for later!