A deliciously easy biscotti recipe that uses mini chocolate chips for a bit of chocolate in every bite! This biscotti recipe is incredible when dipped in a cup of coffee for a mid-day snack.
If you are new around here you will soon learn that I am obsessed with biscotti – any flavor, any type, I can’t get enough of it! My favorite to date is my Gingerbread Biscotti, but this new one is quickly climbing the ranks.
I was eating a chewy chocolate chip cookie a few weeks before the holidays and thought to myself, how freaking good would it be to turn this cookie into a biscotti recipe? I mean, everyone has a fave recipe for a chocolate chip cookie and I wanted to create a new one to add to your recipe box.
This biscotti is perfectly crunchy, and because we use mini chocolate chips, you get a taste of chocolate in every single bite. You could even go one step further and dip half the cookie in melted chocolate!
- Baking Powder
- Brown Sugar
- Mini Chocolate Chips
The following may contain affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- Measuring spoons and cups
- Mixer (hand mixer or stand mixer)
- Large bowl
- Silicone spatula (or wooden spoon)
- Parchment paper – I love using pre-cut sheets (I just need to remember to order more!!)
- Baking sheet
How to Make Chocolate Chip Biscotti Cookies
Preheat oven and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper. Cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
Add in sifted dry ingredients to the wet mixture and mix to combine – do not overmix.
Stir in chocolate chips using silicone spatula.
Form two logs on your prepared baking sheet (approximately 13″ long and 3″ wide). Gently press down using your hands to get the right shape.
Bake for 20 minutes and then remove to cool. Cut into 1.5″ slices using a serrated knife.
Place back in the oven at 300F for 10 minutes per side.
How to store biscotti
The trick to storing these biscotti is ensuring they have completely cooled before transferring to your container of choice. If they are still warm when you store them the cookies will lose their crunch.
I prefer to put mine between layers of parchment in a tightly sealed container and then putting them in the freezer (if I won’t be gifting or enjoying immediately).
If I know that I will need some of the cookies in a few days I will simply leave the container on the counter. When stored in the freezer the biscotti will easily last for 6 months without loosing their flavor – I do this every year with mine and have never had an issue.
When storing the cookies on the counter, as long as they are in a sealed container, they will stay fresh for about 2 weeks. This way they can easily be grabbed to enjoy with a cup of hot chocolate for a delicious evening treat!
Tips and Tricks for the perfect Chocolate Chip Biscotti
Believe it or not biscotti is actually a really easy cookie recipe to make. There are a couple of basic things to keep in mind when preparing this recipe;
First off, always make sure you are using the freshest baking powder as this will ensure the cookies get the rise you are looking for.
Also, for this particular biscotti I recommend using mini chocolate chips to help the chocolate mix evenly throughout your batter. If you don’t have mini chocolate chips on hand you can use regular ones, just give them a quick chop beforehand.
You will also want to mix your ingredients thoroughly to combine, but not overmix. I KNOW this is a hard one sometimes, just remember that it is okay to see a little flour in the batter still.
Lastly, when it comes time to adding in your chocolate chips you will want to do that by hand with either a silicone spatula or a wooden spoon.
More Easy Biscotti Recipes
- Almond Biscotti
- Nutella Biscotti
- Pumpkin Spice Biscotti
- Brownie Biscotti
- Cranberry White Chocolate Biscotti
More recipes with Chocolate Chips
- Chocolate Chip Scones
- Chocolate Chip Shortbread Bars
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffins
- Microwave Mug Cake Recipe
Did you make this recipe? Please be sure to rate it 5 stars and leave us a comment below and let us know what you thought!!
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ cup softened butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl sift together flour, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl (or in stand mixer) cream together brown sugar with butter. Add in eggs and vanilla and mix at medium speed until smooth.
- Add sifted dry ingredients to the wet mixture and mix on medium speed until just combined.
- Using a wooden spoon or spatula, mix in the mini chocolate chips to incorporate throughout the batter.
- Form two logs on prepared baking sheet - you want them to be about 12-13" long and 3" in width. Use your hands to gently press down on the dough.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until very lightly golden on top. Turn oven temperature down to 300F.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before using a serrated knife to cut into 1.5" slices.
- Place back on baking sheet and bake for an additional 10 minutes per side (or more if you like extra crunchy biscotti).
Serving Size:1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 140Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 98mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 2g
*Please note that nutritional values are not always 100% accurate and are to be used as a guide.
Be sure to subscribe to our Email List so you can always get delicious recipes and ideas to your inbox for FREE!