These 2 Minute Mug Cake Recipes are so easy to make with a handful of pantry ingredients – in no time at all you will have deliciously moist chocolate cakes ready to eat! Your new go-to dessert any night of the week.
Do I have a TREAT in store for you guys today!
If you enjoy indulging in a slice of chocolate cake every once in awhile, but just don’t have the time or patience to make it, don’t you worry…your newest and QUICKEST recipe is here : Microwave Mug Cakes!!
We personally love to make ours in cappuccino mugs they are the perfect size for the cake to come up to the top, where as a normal mug they sink into and don’t look as pretty.
These tasty desserts seem to be growing in popularity, and for really good reason if you ask me!
The Mug Cake Recipes that I have for you guys are awesome for a few reasons; they take under 5 minutes from start to finish (yep that includes cooking time), they use ingredients that you already have on hand, and they are just simply DELICIOUS ! Guys, don’t just take my word for it…look at them!
Frequently asked questions
Here are just a few of the questions we get about our mug cakes. If you have any questions or suggestions for new flavors be sure to let us know with a comment below!
Measure out your ingredients, you don’t want to “eyeball” your baking powder and have a flat microwave cake.
Do not over-mix your batter. We like to mix our melted butter and warmed milk together before adding to the dry ingredients so there is less stirring to combine them.
Pay attention to your microwave power level, you don’t want to have it set too low or too high as this will affect the outcome of your cake. Try to have it set to 70-80% power for the best results!
Make sure you don’t go longer than the suggested time. The mug cake may look a little “wet” when it comes out of the microwave but it does keep cooking once you take it out.
YES! That’s the short answer! They are perfectly moist, deliciously sweet and can be customized to your tastes easier than a full sized cake. Whether your are in the mood for a Caramel Mug Cake, Chocolate, Strawberry, Carrot or even Banana Mug Cake, the possibilities really are endless.
They are a quick and easy individually sized dessert that can be made any time.
Perfect portions for late night cravings and midday pick-me-ups.
Because they are so easy to make, mug cakes gain extra points in my books. Anything that can satisfy my sweet tooth that only takes 5 minutes is a win-win.
No, not with this chocolate cake recipe! Baking powder is made from a combination of ingredients in order to provide a fluffy rise in the cake, if you were to use baking soda in it’s place (which only contains sodium bicarbonate) you wouldn’t get the same outcome.
The awesome thing about a mug cake recipe is that it is completely customizable to your tastes – if you prefer white chocolate chips add those in! If you don’t like peanut butter, why not try Nutella (hazelnut spread) instead?
Be creative with your add-ins and you will always have a delicious mug cake.
Be sure to PIN THIS MUG CAKE recipe so you have it for later!
More like this
- Check out my Dessert page, you will find a nice mixture of easy and decadent treats to make for any craving! Like these Delicious Nutella Brownies
- Check out this delicious Monkey Bread from our friends at FizlDizl!
- More mug cakes? Here you go: Food Network Basic Vanilla Mug Cake
- Want a new muffin recipe?! Try our Coconut Carrot Muffins!
Salted Caramel Mug Cake
- 1/4 c Flour, AP
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 2 tbsp Sugar, Granulated
- 1/8 tsp Salt , Sea Salt/Kosher
- 2.5 tsp Caramel Sauce
- 1 tbsp Chocolate Chips, Semi-Sweet or Milk
- 1/4 c Milk, Heated in microwave for 12 sec
- 2 tbsp Butter, Melted, cooled.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Cake
- See above and substitute Peanut Butter for Caramel Sauce, Increase Sugar and eliminate Salt
- 2 tbsp Peanut Butter, Crunchy or Smooth
- 2.5 tbsp Sugar, Granulated
- Heat milk and melt butter, set aside.
- In small bowl sift together flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, and sugar.
- For Caramel Mug Cake: add in 1 tsp caramel sauce, milk and butter. Mix well until there are no clumps. Mix in chocolate chips.
- Pour half of mixture in mug, add additional 1 tsp caramel sauce and top with the rest of batter.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute, drizzle with remainder of caramel and sprinkle with salt.
- For Chocolate Brownie Mug Cake: Steps 1 and 2 above, then add in milk and butter mixing until no clumps. Add in chocolate chips. Pour batter into mug. Gently form peanut butter into log using two spoons and push into the center of batter. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Top with icing sugar if desired!
Your mug cake may look a little "wet" around the edges when it comes out of the microwave, and that is PERFECT! You do not want to overcook it which will cause it to be dry!
Serving Size:1 cake
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1304Total Fat: 65gSaturated Fat: 26gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 32gCholesterol: 86mgSodium: 2414mgCarbohydrates: 161gFiber: 8gSugar: 104gProtein: 32g
*These values are reflective of 2 mug cakes. Please note that nutritional values are not always 100% accurate and are to be used as a guide.
Be sure to subscribe to our Email List so you can always get delicious recipes and ideas to your inbox for FREE!
Did you even finish reading the recipe before you started to gather your ingredients (ha!) I don’t blame you, they are super easy to make and really will curb any sweet tooth you have!
Another thing I love about any Mug Cake recipes is that you can really customize it to your own tastes. As long as you have your basic ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, milk, butter) you can really get creative and add in things that you love! Why not try a chocolate coconut mug cake? Or how about a peanut butter and jelly mug cake?! The possibilities are really endless!