This is hands down the BEST Quiche Recipe to have – and it can very easily be customized to your tastes and preferences.
Asparagus and Cheese combine with caramelized onions to make the perfect weeknight dinner!
This is especially true if you use a store bought pastry shell, which we do on occasion, and the best part is that they come in a 2 pack so you can keep the other one in your freezer for when you want another super quick dinner!
You can also use our Homemade Bisquick mix for your base, simply mix together 1 cup mix with about 1/3 cup of milk and add in any dried herbs you like (I prefer parsley for mine).
You want it to be the consistency of a waffle batter (thick and not runny) then press into your well greased quiche plate and bake at 400 F for 10 minutes. Then continue to follow the directions below for your filling and enjoy!
As I mentioned above you can use a frozen crust with your quiche or make a simple bisquick base for it. You can even do it crustless if you prefer to take it out all together.
You can also substitute any veggie you like for the asparagus as well as change out the cheese to your tastes, some of the variations I love are;
- Broccoli with Ham and Swiss Cheese
- Bell Peppers with Pancetta (bacon) and Cheddar
- Spinach, Mushrooms and Onions
- Bacon and Cheese
- Chopped Frozen Kale, Onions, Monterrey Jack Cheese
Be sure to PIN THIS QUICHE RECIPE so you have it for later!
Frequently asked questions
Here are some commonly asked questions that come up when making quiche. If you have a question that isn’t listed please leave us a comment below, or send us an email!
Can you make quiche ahead of time?
Yes, quiche is delicious when it first comes out of the oven, but I personally think it is even better the next day! Simply bake the quiche according to the recipe below and then when cooled cover and refrigerate. You can enjoy it cold the next day, or heat for 30 seconds in the microwave!
Can I use milk instead of cream in quiche?
We only use milk in our quiche, there is no need to use cream unless you really want to. We have made ours with 1% and 2% milk and notice no difference. Use what’s on hand, that’s what we say!
Should you prebake crust for quiche?
You always want to pre-bake your pie crust before adding the filling of your quiche. This ensures that you get a solid base and don’t end up with a soggy crust.
Did you make this recipe? Please be sure to rate it 5 stars and leave us a comment below and let us know what you thought!!
- Store bought pastry pie shell, *or Homemade Bisquick
- 5 large eggs
- 1 ½ c shredded old cheddar cheese
- 1 large onion finely sliced and caramelized, to caramelize the onion add 1 tbsp butter to hot pan with onion and a pinch of salt. Cook over medium heat until translucent.
- 1 small bunch of asparagus, steamed (approx. 8-10 spears)
- ¾ c milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare pie shell according to package directions. See notes for Bisquick Method.
- Reduce the heat to 380 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl beat eggs and milk. Add in salt and pepper (a pinch) and mix well.
- Place cooked asparagus and caramelized onions evenly in the bottom of pie shell.
- Pour egg mixture over top and sprinkle the cheese throughout (you may want to use a fork to gently push it down so it doesn't burn in the oven).
- Cook for 30-40 minutes, until the top is lightly golden and the eggs are no longer runny (they should be firm, with no gooey spots).
- Cut into 6 equal portions and serve with a side salad!
Use our Homemade Bisquick for an easy quiche shell - simply mix together 1 cup mix with about 1/3 cup of milk and add in any dried herbs you like. Press into your well greased quiche plate and bake at 400 F for 10 minutes
Serving Size:1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 454Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 200mgSodium: 710mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 2gSugar: 11gProtein: 18g
*Please note that nutritional values are not always 100% accurate and are to be used as a guide.
Be sure to subscribe to our Email List so you can always get delicious recipes and ideas to your inbox for FREE!