Homemade Bisquick mix can be used to create a variety of recipes like pancakes, cheddar biscuits, waffles, quiche and so much more! This easy to make recipe will become a household staple after just one use.
You will never need to buy a box of Bisquick again with this easy to make version! In fact, I recommend making a double batch and keeping in sealed containers or mason jars so you always have some on hand!
Why homemade Biscuit Mix
Besides being a quick and cost effective option to the boxes you can buy at the supermarket, I always love to make my own biscuit mix so I know exactly what is going into it.
The nice thing with homemade bisquick is that it is so versatile (as I mentioned above) and can be used in so many recipes you are already making to help you save time. One of my favorite uses is as a dumpling mix when I make my Chicken and Dumplings. Gone are the days of scrambling for substitutions to your recipes when this kitchen staple is on hand.
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Kosher Salt
More like this
- Better than a Diner Pancakes
- Easy Zucchini Bread Recipe
- Cheesy Irish Soda Bread Muffins
- Easy Cheddar Scone Recipe
- 30 Recipes using Bisquick Mix
Be sure to PIN this Bisquick Mix Recipe so you have it on hand for later!
Did you make this recipe? Please be sure to rate it 5 stars and leave us a comment below and let us know what you thought!!
- 6 c Flour, all purpose
- 3 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 c Shortening, Crisco
- Put all ingredients into a stand mixer and mix on low speed using the whisk attachment until it comes together.
- It will look like flour with small pea-size pieces of coated shortening (that is perfect!)
- Store in an airtight container or mason jars for up to 6 months (although I bet you will go through it faster!)
Use in place of any recipe that calls for Bisquick! We use it in biscuits, pancakes, waffles, pot pies, quiche etc!
Serving Size:1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 192Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 474mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 3g
*Please note that nutritional values are not always 100% accurate and are to be used as a guide.
Be sure to subscribe to our Email List so you can always get delicious recipes and ideas to your inbox for FREE!