Are you ready for a super tasty summer salad that takes little time to prep?! Honestly who has time to spend in the kitchen slaving over meals and sides in the summertime…we don’t! We try to spend as much time outside soaking up the glorious sunshine as possible in the summer months, we have to really, about 5 months of the year we have snow on the ground! Anyway, enough about the weather, let’s get started on that tasty Greek Chickpea Salad!!
I promise you (with prep included) you will have this salad ready to go in under 15 minutes, making it the easiest side dish to bring to any BBQ or gathering you have going on this weekend. It is loaded full of fresh veggies, black olives and of course chickpeas, and then drizzled with your favorite Greek salad dressing. I love how versatile this Chickpea Salad is too, you can add in fresh zucchini, cherry tomatoes and whatever else your family prefers to clean out your crisper drawers and leave everyone asking for more.
- 3 cans Chickpeas, washed and drained
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1/2 Cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 Red Onion, chopped
- 1 can Pitted and Sliced Black Olives (drain most liquid)
- 1 cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1/3 cup Greek Dressing (I use Kraft Feta and Greek)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash Chickpeas and chop peppers, cucumber, and onion.
- Toss together all ingredients in medium bowl, drizzle with dressing and toss again.
- Place in fridge until ready to eat, and enjoy!
Extra tips on making the best greek chickpea salad everytime
The important thing to remember with this salad is to chop your veggies the same size (approximately…I’m not gonna measure them for goodness sake!). This ensures that each bite has a little bit of everything to make your taste buds happy. Also, you can make it ahead of time and let the flavors mesh together if you prefer, which also means you don’t have to wait until the day of while you are scrambling with the kids and packing the car to go. Be sure to check out our other Salad Recipes, like this White Bean and Kale Salad which can be served warm or cold!