Best Dinner Biscuits
These easy to make cheddar garlic biscuits are a copycat of everyone’s favorite restaurant biscuit! Using a homemade Bisquick mix these biscuits are ready to enjoy in just 20 minutes.
It’s time friends! I have wanted to share this delicious recipe for Garlic Cheddar Biscuits with you for awhile now, but I wanted to make sure it was perfect and completely from scratch!
If you have never had a Red Lobster “Cheddar Bay Biscuit” then you won’t be able to compare, and if you have let me tell you, THESE ARE THE SAME THING and so so sooooo yummy! Now when I say “from scratch” I mean it guys (no store bought mixes here!) and I am even going to share with you how to make your own “Bisquick” to have on hand all the time so you can make these and many other goodies whenever you want them!
I chose to make my biscuits a little smaller than you would find in the restaurant (I like more to go around!) but feel free to make em larger if you want!
You also want to make sure you brush them with the garlic butter when you are ready to serve, otherwise it will make them soggy. I make the biscuits up to a day in advance and just quickly heat them before they hit the table, and you would never know they weren’t just pulled from the oven.
- Homemade Biscuik Mix
- Cheddar Cheese
- Garlic Powder
- Dried Parsley
- Kosher Salt
Be sure to PIN this Biscuit Recipe so you have it for later!
Dishes to Serve Cheddar Biscuits with
- Unstuffed Cabbage Roll Casserole
- Kale and Sweet Potato Soup
- Cheesy Spinach Lasagna Roll ups
- Ground Beef Stroganoff
- Lentil Shepherd’s Pie
- Broiled Lobster Tails
Did you make this recipe? Please be sure to rate it 5 stars and leave us a comment below and let us know what you thought!!
- 2.5 c Homemade Biscuik Mix
- 1/4 c Butter, cold and cubed
- 3/4 Milk, I use 1%, use what you have on hand!
- 1 c grated Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp dried Parsley
- 1/8 tsp Kosher Salt, "pinch"
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Using a stand mixer (or just your hands if you don't have one) combine the Bisquick mix with the cold butter and mix for about 30 seconds. You want the butter to still be noticeable, about the size of small peas.
- Add the cheese, milk and garlic powder and mix until combined (do not overmix it). Remove from bowl and gently mix with your hands for about 15 seconds.
- Drop onto cookie sheet using a tsp or cookie scoop (again you can make them larger if you prefer)
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, until the tops are slightly golden
- Melt butter with garlic powder in microwave, then add in parsley and salt. Using a pastry brush gently cover each biscuit with a generous amount of the butter topping!
- Serve and enjoy
Make sure your ingredients are cold (butter, milk, cheese) it helps trust me! Also, you can use margarine (the biscuits will spread a little bit more) just make sure to measure it ahead of time and stick it in the freezer to get cold (about 20 minutes).
Serving Size:1 biscuit
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 84Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 119mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 2g
*Please note that nutritional values are not always 100% accurate and are to be used as a guide.
Well, what are you waiting for?! These biscuits are so easy to make and really take no time to prepare, they are loaded with so much cheese and delicious garlic that everyone in your family will be reaching for a second or third one to go with dinner tonight.
So go make yourself a batch of these delicious Garlic Cheddar Biscuits and let me know what you think of them.
Be sure to subscribe to our Email List so you can always get delicious recipes and ideas to your inbox for FREE!